Hanwag or Zamberlan

Looking for a new pair of hunting boots. Had good luck with hanwag previously but like the look of the zamberlan 980 and 981. Anyone have any experience with them thanks for looking.

Zamberlans will most likely be the boot I die in...through my job I've got access to almost all of the higher end boot brands and I've enjoyed testing a lot out there.

Zamberlan & Hanwag seem to be on the top of everyone's list and for good reason. My favorite pair at the moment is the 960 Guides, love the lace fit and how adjustable the tension is at the ankle crease with eyelit placement.

Running the blue ICEBUG FAT High insoles in them seems to be a match made in heaven for me at least.

BobbyMac

Lil-Rokslider
Went through the whole process of boot research and trying on many many pairs of different brands. The Zamberlan 980's were hands down what my feet were happiest in.

The Zamberlan 980 have an excellent fit for a narrow foot especially narrow heel which I have and fit like a glove. Lowas are in the same category which I can also recommend for mountain hunting.

I am running a pair of HanWag Ancash II right now. Head to Head w Crisipi guide boots. All season. As much as I want to love the HanWag.....for my feet.....there is no comparison. I didn't WANT to buy into the Crispi fan club. Wanted to support HanWag.

Fit, finish, contruction on HanWag is so solid. But the boots feel like bricks. The Ancash is way more stiff than the Crispi. My feet HURT inside the HanWag if I am just relaxed driving around. Feel better then I am motoring in them tho.

Did a lot of research on the HanWag lasts and measured my feet ala GoHunt system. Really thought I picked a winner. They simply are not doing it for me.