Hanwag Size

ckkone

Lil-Rokslider
Can't reach Hanwag for questions about sizing. I have some Salomon Quest 4D 2 in size 11 that I need to replace and want to try the Hanwag Tatra II GTX. The Salomon fit really well, wondering if I should get the regular or wide Hanwag, from what I read they run true to size. I also have a pair of Salomon X Ulta Mid but rarely wear them for extended periods because the toe box is a bit narrow for me. I also have Meindl Alaskan Hunter in 10.5 and they fit well.

My bigger foot is 11 1/8" (282.5mm) in length.

My gut is telling me I should get the 11W in Hanwag.

Last edited:

Flatgo

Lil-Rokslider
In my experience Hanwags run narrow I’m a normal in most boots but a wide in hanwag the Tatra seems especially narrow

Block

WKR
I wear an 11 in those Salomon 4D and a 11.5 in the Hanwag fits SMALLER and more narrow than the 11 4D GTX by a a noticeable amount

OP
ckkone

ckkone

Lil-Rokslider
I wear an 11 in those Salomon 4D and a 11.5 in the Hanwag fits SMALLER and more narrow than the 11 4D GTX by a a noticeable amount

Thanks! My 11 US Salomon say they are 45 1/3 Eur on the tag. If I look at Hanwag size chart That puts me between 11.5-12US.

I like the suggestion of asking gohunt and will do that as well.

Block

WKR
I wore the Makras for a bit,, just remembered I actually bought those Tatra II GTX and gave them to a friend becuz they were MUCH narrower than the Makra even... definitely get a wide if they make it

Could try calling the fellas at gohunt too. They are Hanwag dealers and might be able to help.
I’ll echo what Mark said here and also say use GoHunt’s measurement video. I recently bought a pair of Hanwag Alverstones from them and according the their chart I was supposed to order a half size larger than my regular running shoes. I reluctantly listened to their advice thinking I was just going to be returning them for the size I “knew” I was. Nope, they were spot on.

bcopley1116

Lil-Rokslider
I wear an 11 Salomon 4D and Crispi Nevadas but an 11.5 in the Hanwag alverstone II fits me perfect. They are hands down the most comfortable boot I own.

Hanwag is the most comfortable boot I've ever worn and all three pairs fit true to size. I will say I have 2 pairs of the tatra. They are not made in Germany very durable boot but the first pair was only waterproof for a year and the second pair leaked right out of the gate. The trapper tops are made in Germany and I stood in my bathtub for 20 min with no leakage. If you want lower tops I would get the alaskas

OP
ckkone

ckkone

Lil-Rokslider
So, I ended up ordering some Meindl Comfort Fit Hikers. I really like the insulated Meindls I have now and less guess work about what size I need. I had found a good deal on the Tatra II but would be coming for overseas so returning if they didn’t fit well wouldn’t really be an option and would erase all savings. With any luck I’ll have them by next weekend for the upcoming warm elk rifle hunt.