Hanwag tatra light

freedomhunter25

Lil-Rokslider
I decided to try some Hanwags. I wanted a pair of boots for spring and summer scouting trips and trail hiking . I found some hanwag tatra light gtx on sale at REI plus they are doing a addl 20 percent off and free shipping . I had a few dividend dollars and used those. So I figured what the hell 120.00 . Wow is all I can say. I wore them to work today and right out of the box they are awesome. Nice light boot but well made and all leather and crazy compfortable. Not too stiff at all. Exactly what I was looking for. Toe box is great( wider than my scarpas) feel like a crispi kinda fit. But for under 150.00 bux Theres no way you can go wrong( id pay the normal 300 bux for these for sure). based on these Ill definately look at some more hanwags when I need a serious hunting boot this fall. We will see how these last and put em thru some tests.

Tauntohawk

Lil-Rokslider
Really impressed with the banks I grabbed on sale and think hanwag might be my brand.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Tauntohawk

Lil-Rokslider
Really impressed with the banks I grabbed on sale and think hanwag might be my brand.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Hondo

WKR
After several years and several models, Hanwag is definitely my favorite brand.

OP
F

freedomhunter25

Lil-Rokslider
Update. These boots are awesome for what I needed . Light . EXTREMLY COMPFORTABLE. waterproof . Not to stiff on the sole
I had my pack on with 30 pounds and they felt great. These are awesome. Even at regular price. But if you can pick these up for sub 200 or 150 like I did . Youd be dumb not too lol.

OP
F

freedomhunter25

Lil-Rokslider
Would you pack 100 lbs of gear/meat out with these?
On flat ish ground. Maybe. but If I put 100 # on my back ( assuming I would cuz I most likely wouldnt haul 100) and it would be in mountain country if I did so Id have other boots on. So to answer you... Idk . lol

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
On flat ish ground. Maybe. but If I put 100 # on my back ( assuming I would cuz I most likely wouldnt haul 100) and it would be in mountain country if I did so Id have other boots on. So to answer you... Idk . lol

Ordering these boots now with my REI Dividend and that sale combined for $57... lol cheapest boots i ever bought

firebird

FNG
I like Hanwag. I have a few different pair for around home and hunt in Alaska Gtx and my wife hunts in the Tatar’s GTX.

I think I’d grab a pair of hanwag Trapper top next

Block

WKR
I bought a pair of those and they were VERY narrow. Had to give to a friend. love my Makras tho.

firebird

FNG
They make some boots in wide. You have to check their classifications, hiking, trekking, alpine etc

rj2

WKR
have you ever checked out the thors or quest 4d? curious how these tatra light compare to either of those two. I like the salomon, but the leaking.., I like the thors but the sole is super narrow and they about a half pound heavier than advertised.. Looking for something like the quest but maybe with a little stiffer sole.

oh hell, i just ordered a 9.5 & 10 to give them a try, and a pair of banks II 9.5

Last edited: