Hanwag Tatra Top GTX

Is anyone else using these? I thought I'd ask cuz it seems everyone who asks me what gear I use have never heard of them.

I've worn out or thrown out every high-dollar boot made, and these are incredible, with Crispi, Kennetrek, and Lathrop being close contenders. However, the Tatra's fitted with a pair of Superfeet Guide insoles are the only boots that have not given me a hot spot anywhere, no matter the miles or terrain.

This will be my fourth season in them, from the North Slope of AK to the Frank Church. Super lightweight, best traction up and down, always waterproof and indestructible.

I can't be the only one!...can I??

Last edited:

BluMtn

WKR
Have been wearing those boots for about 5 years now. They fit my feet like they were custom made for me. I have a lot of miles in these boots and I have never had a hotspot problem or any blisters. I also have a pair of Alaskans that I wear also and they have a ton of miles on them also without a problem.

OP
Clownbuster
I have the Salomon Quest 4D 3 GTX for all my early/pre-season backcountry work, but they're almost too supportive and firm. Never any hot spots, but can leave my feet at the end of the day feeling a little worked over. The Hanwags always feel softer.

kiddogy

WKR
I've never had any issues with blisters with any boot I wore .
been wearing boots every day for most my life and feet are so callused up they be tougher then any boot leather around.

lol. could probably just go barefoot. like I did as a boy

I wear the tatra 2 mids and they are super comfortable only waterproof for 3 years . Wear a 12 regularly went up to 12.5 this year as the hanwag 12 didn't leave room for two pairs of socks. Very nice very comfortable boot.

Block

WKR
I bought a pair and was bummed they were Too narrow for me.. a bit narrower than the Hanwag Makra

Hofhunter

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a pair and was bummed they were Too narrow for me.. a bit narrower than the Hanwag Makra
I know this is an old forum but I was going to purchase the Tatra tops but have a quick question. I have the makra Combi and wondering if the Tatra tops are narrower then the Combis. Thanks