Hanwag Trapper Top Gtx

USMC2378

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone has experience with the Hanwag trapper top gtx boots that can provide some feedback? Thank you!

I had a pair from Lathrop & Sons. My wife had 2 pairs of the Alaska Hanwags from them as well which are very similar.

I literally wear boots almost every day of the year, so I know as much as anyone, everyone is different in what they like/don’t like in boots. The Trappers were super comfortable, a good mix of rigid vs too rigid in most hunting conditions, warm, and the customer service was excellent.

For me though… I am 100% converted to the mountaineering style boots. The toughness of a 3.2mm thick, rough out leather is simply superior to the nubuck leather in a lot of the other brands of “comfortable out of the box” boots such as Hanwag, Kenetrek, Lowa, etc. In my experience, the thinner leather just simply doesn’t last as long. A lot of guys do not like a full blown mountaineering boot though and they love the style, or brands, I mentioned.

If you get a pair, I can’t imagine you wouldn’t like them out of the box. I went on a goat hunt after wearing mine on 1 PT hike. But if you use and abuse them, get them soaking wet and dry them out numerous times, etc. they will break down fairly quickly.

Boots are a topic you will get plenty of opinions on though… good luck picking what style is right for your type of hunting.

OP
U

USMC2378

Lil-Rokslider
I had a pair from Lathrop & Sons. My wife had 2 pairs of the Alaska Hanwags from them as well which are very similar.

I literally wear boots almost every day of the year, so I know as much as anyone, everyone is different in what they like/don’t like in boots. The Trappers were super comfortable, a good mix of rigid vs too rigid in most hunting conditions, warm, and the customer service was excellent.

For me though… I am 100% converted to the mountaineering style boots. The toughness of a 3.2mm thick, rough out leather is simply superior to the nubuck leather in a lot of the other brands of “comfortable out of the box” boots such as Hanwag, Kenetrek, Lowa, etc. In my experience, the thinner leather just simply doesn’t last as long. A lot of guys do not like a full blown mountaineering boot though and they love the style, or brands, I mentioned.

If you get a pair, I can’t imagine you wouldn’t like them out of the box. I went on a goat hunt after wearing mine on 1 PT hike. But if you use and abuse them, get them soaking wet and dry them out numerous times, etc. they will break down fairly quickly.

Boots are a topic you will get plenty of opinions on though… good luck picking what style is right for your type of hunting.
Thank you this information definitely helps in making a decision.