Hanwag

No place near me to try on Hanwag boots, I’m interested in the makra combo and the Tatra trek. I know I wear a 44.5euro but I hear people say they are too narrow. For insight I’ll say I like the width on scarpas, asolos, and most kenetreks. Keens are too wide, work boot experience. I assume my feet are somewhat narrow-normal.

Anyone have opinions or thoughts? Wife says I should go to scheels and buy crispis after I try on but I’ve had a pair and they weren’t my favorite, too soft of a boot for me.

I have both the Makra Combi and Makra Trek, I wear 9.5 in both - but I feel like I might could go up to a 10 on the Combi, I usually wear a thinner sock like the darn tough 1952 with them and they are fine at 9.5. The Trek has a little more room and Im comfortable with the 9.5. I wear 9.5 in Crispi Thor and Colorado, and a 9 in the Zamberlan Sierra. Out of those, the Zamberlans feel the least narrow. But the Hanwags do break in a bit more than the ones I listed - from out the box to what id consider broke in, the hanwags stretch a bit more than the others. If they are a bit narrow at first, get some miles in them and they'll loosen up.

Last edited:

Adamsfj

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pair of the Makra Combi in 11 and they have been great, I too have somewhat of a narrow foot and they feel great just like my Lowa Tibet’s with lots of Mtn miles on them. I also wear differant types of Darn tough socks depending on the temps and have no issues