Hanwags?? Anyone wearing Tatra Tops?

TruckMonkey

Lil-Rokslider
Have wanted some Kenetreks for a while but have heard good things about Hanwags. Anyone wearing Hanwags?

Anyone had both Kenetrek and Hanwags? How do they compare?

Looking for an all season mountain boot for Colorado.

bradr3367

Lil-Rokslider
I haven't tried the Tatra, but I recently bought Hanwag Brenner GTX. They're true to size and comfortable. They're not a super stiff boot, but have good ankle support. I bought them for Colorado elk 2020. Camofire recently had em for $220. I can't provide any info compared to Kenetrek, but my Brenners are comparable to my Crispi Nevadas for fit & comfort.

rangerdye

FNG
I just ordered the Hanwag tatra top and trapper as well as the Kenetrek mountain extremes and pair of Scarpas. I have a pretty narrow foot so I'm interested to see how these fit. The Kenetrek is the only one that comes in a narrow width so we'll see. I'll report back how they compare.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

kipper09

WKR
I just got a pair of alaska in mail a couple days ago. I had to size up 1/2 size which isn’t the norm from what I read. The quality of the boot is very good. And they seem to fit me. Less volume in front than a Tibet. Overall I’m very happy, now just see how they hold up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went to buy some tatra tops as there was a big sale on them. They dint have my size so I brought the trapper tops home. I have really enjoyed them. It seems like the big difference between the two is there is more seams on the tatras. I also own both extreem and guide kenetreks. I loved these boots for years but then suddenly started getting blisters on my heels from both of them? The trapper tops have been very comfortable to me. They arent nearly as stiff as the kenes which worried me but they have been fine in sheep country. When my walking was done for the day, I couldnt wait to get the kenes off my feet. My hanwags have been more comfortable to sit around camp in. I like them

BluMtn

WKR
Been wearing them for about 5 years now. I like how they fit my feet. Another thing I really like is having the roller lace eyes on the foot portion of the boot then also being able to lock my laces different on the bottom than the top. I have several hundred miles on mine and they still look new. With that said when I replace them I will probably try the trapper or stick with the tarta. I highly recommend them.

Tauntohawk

Lil-Rokslider
Not the tatra but I have the banks and think hanwag quality is fantastic with a great heel pocket, good roller laces, nice vibram sole. I did go with a wide which are only wider in the toe box.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

excaliber

WKR
I've been using Hanwag Saponi GTX boots for the past 5 years. They are an un insulated boot that has held up really well for me here in SW Idaho. I got them at STP and liked the first pair so much I bought another pair.

Block

WKR
Tatras are suuuuper narrow.,, I couldn’t even wear em and I have a pretty standard width foot... the Makras fit (me) much better and are one of my favorite boots

Jac

Lil-Rokslider
I have 2 pairs of hanwags Yukon’s and trapper tops. On the sheep trip last year we all wore tall boots and we really liked the support with loaded packs. As for the Yukon’s they are leather lined and took a long time to break in but i love them they are like putting on my hockey skates they feel very quality. For backpack trips I would buy the trapper tops to get the added ankle support. On our trip last year we had Mendles, kenetrack and my hanwags. Mendles were good as were the hanwags. My brother kenetracks were the most expensive and they leaked like a sieve!!! Kenetrack did replace them when he got home but he had wet feet for 8 days. Wet feet with 70lbs in your back = sore feet!!

Hondo

WKR
My Hanwag Tatras are the regular (mid-height) but I have the Elite Trappers as well as other Hanwag models. I've worn Kenetrek, Meindl, Lowa, Scarpa, Alico, Salomon, Garmont, White's, Hathorn and Danner hiking and hunting boots for reference. I have developed somewhat of a preference for German boots over the years as they tend to provide a better fit for my feet. I've had Meindl and Lowa boots fail on me but have yet to have a pair of Hanwag boots let me down.

Pretty sure Hanwag NA is based out of boulder CO, not sure if they have a store front though.

I just purchased a pair of Tatra tops after trying them on at ATA. I would advise the regular last size is really narrow.... I'd have to assume most people will need the wide last, but that's why they have a good prepaid return policy! I'm not a western guy but I'll easily put 100+ miles on these boots this spring shed hunting... have 7 miles in so far and they were comfortable right out of the gate. Not overly stiff for "flat land". I did throw out the factory insole and pair them with Lathrop and Sons synergy foot bed.

Hanwag Tatra Tops have been my "go to" boot for the past five years. I have a pretty standard width foot but needed to go with the Wides. Used to be able to find pretty good deals on these boots but they're becoming harder and harder to find at discounted prices in the U.S. Would really love to try the Ancash II if I could ever get my hands on a pair.

Sportsman247

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pair of Ferrara II GTX’s and Kennetrek extremes. I love my Hanwag’s. Great fitting boot and a joy to wear. The only down fall is that they don’t have the insulating properties of the heavier extremes, hut that is to be expected between the two boots. Good luck with your purchase!

bradr3367

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pair of Ferrara II GTX’s and Kennetrek extremes. I love my Hanwag’s. Great fitting boot and a joy to wear. The only down fall is that they don’t have the insulating properties of the heavier extremes, hut that is to be expected between the two boots. Good luck with your purchase!
Did you buy your normal shoe size, or did you have to size up on the Ferrata?

Tshug

FNG
I really want to try a pair of the hanwag on before I purchase them. Where in the world is a store? I have a narrow foot but I wanna make sure I get the right boot the first time

netman

WKR
I highly recommend Hanwags! I bought mine at the sporting goods store in downtown Buffalo Wyoming. I went there to get a pair of Kenetreks however the lady working in the boot section knew a loooooot about boots and lead me onto the Hanwag Tatra.
13 EE fit me perfectly.