Happy Birthday Marines

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
To my Brothers in Arms-

Today marks our 244th Anniversary. For some birthday moto, here is a 4 minute video

And here is a damn good description of our ranks.....

“Marines are about the most peculiar breed of human beings I have ever witnessed. They treat their service as if it were some kind of cult, plastering their emblem on almost everything they own, making themselves up to look like insane fanatics with haircuts ungentlemanly short, worshiping their Commandant almost as if he were a god and making weird animal noises like a band of savages. They will fight like rabid dogs at the drop of a hat just for the sake of a little action and are the cockiest SOB’s I have ever known. Most have the foulest mouths and drink well beyond a man’s normal limits. But, their high spirits and sense of brotherhood set them apart and generally speaking the United States Marines I have come in contact with are the most professional soldiers and the finest men I have had the pleasure to meet.”
Anonymous Canadian Citizen – 1969

Happy Birthday Marines!!
Semper Fidelis.

marktole

WKR
Don’t forget to spit some moto knowledge to all your friends about today....

November 10th, 1775....

Tun Tavern, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania....

Hike2hunt

FNG
The United States Marine Corps, with its fiercely proud tradition of excellence in combat, its hallowed rituals, and its unbending code of honor, is part of the fabric of American myth.
Thomas E. Ricks; Making the Corps, 1997

Semper Fidelis

Last edited:

Jbehredt

WKR
6b9bcc38757a7b889cfbe2ccab9814ac.jpg

sneaky

"DADDY"
Let's let our livers recover from shower beers and toasting those we've lost and get ready for tomorrow. Semper fidelis gentlemen. Here's to the next 244 years!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk