Happy riding

netman

WKR
E9BF1E20-7340-4DE2-8D12-55304F329ED7.jpegYesterday I met with my trainer for a short session in the arena and all day trail riding. We met at the High Knob campground which is located in Shawnee National Forest in Southern Illinois.
We rode some really rugged trails with creek crossings, mud holes, rock climbing ,steep inclines and declines.
While riding my trainer told me that he has zero concerns about my mule out in Montana.
I myself was absolutely tickled with my mule. He cruised really well and never thought twice about anything we came across.
He stepped over downed trees like a champ.
I had a big Ol smile the whole day.
David took some pictures for me and I will post when he sends them.
Really great day!

Last edited:

wyosteve

WKR
Netman, did the mule get over the 'not wanting to go' issue you had in the beginning?

OP
netman

netman

WKR
Netman, did the mule get over the 'not wanting to go' issue you had in the beginning?

Oh yeah ! It was the saddle. The rear skirt was pushing down into his spine. Even with the saddle blanket it was pressing downward especially when I was on his back.
I went to a Amish trainer and he spotted it right off. My trainer had a extra saddle with him and we used it without a hitch. My mule is going really good now.
I sold my saddle and had one made just for my mule. I get to pick it up Tuesday at Crooked Creek Saddlery.