Hard Bow Cases

I just picked a new Mathews bow, and I am looking into a hard bow case that isn’t too flimsy. I’ve looked into the Pelican Vaults, and SKB’s just cost too much. Let me know what works for you, and send pictures of your case, especially if you custom cut your foam to fit your bow.
Looking to spend the least amount of money for something customizable and solid.
Thanks

Same boat as you. I need a hard case to fly with my bow in august. Been really looking at the pelican vaults and Avalon bow bunker. All I want is a roto molded case like my boyt rifle cases but for my bow that doesn’t cost 500$ like the SKB’s.

MattB

WKR
SKB double.

There is also an archery forum where you will get more and better and more informed input.

Check out caseclub.com

I picked up a real nice rifle case from there and I remember it being significantly cheaper than pelican, SKB, etc.

WCB

WKR
Spend the money on a good case it will last the rest of your life. You can find SKB cases for well under $500

Yep, buy once cry once. I did get my SKB many years ago, but the damn thing is bulletproof. That said, make sure your bow will fit. My Prime just barely does. Sad to see the price has gone up so much. Mine was mid $200's.

Rob5589

WKR
I have a couple of these, no complaints. Probably wouldn't fly with them if that's in the cards.
Screenshot_20220428-131529.png

Remington92

Lil-Rokslider
I’m going to be in the same boat as you here soon when my new hoyt comes in. This is the case my old Mathews is currently in and I think it was the smartest designed bow case made and affordable. I really wish Plano would make an upgraded version for modern bows or fingers crossed the new bow will fit in it too.

1651201559889.jpeg

I’m still using a Plano case I bought at Walmart about 20 years ago for $40. It’s been all over the country. Airlines, back of my truck, shoved in a trailer…. It won’t die. However it worked a bit better with older bows without such parallel limbs.

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
I have had a SKB Double bow case for almost two decades and it has been great. Last year in the Nevada sun and heat it warped and would not seal correctly. SKB replaced it with a brand new one.
I also own the new Pelican 1745 Bow case and it is nice.

I have flown with both without issues and would spend the money again to buy one of them over a cheaper option. Peace of mind is not cheap.

JasonWi

WKR
I'm still using the same SKB double bow case since 2009. Airlines have broken corners and the handles off and I've just orderd new ones from SKB, replaced them and will use it again this year on my trips.

The cost up front is expensive, but you will get years of service out of it.

CO-AJ

WKR
I’m going to be in the same boat as you here soon when my new hoyt comes in. This is the case my old Mathews is currently in and I think it was the smartest designed bow case made and affordable. I really wish Plano would make an upgraded version for modern bows or fingers crossed the new bow will fit in it too.

Not a huge Plano fan, but I really like that design.

KBC

WKR
I bit the bullet and bought the Pelican Air bow case earlier this year. It's kind of a process to get everything put away in it but my stuff is protected and I can put everything I need all in one case. Arrows, tools, quiver, stab, broad heads, extra parts etc. I wanted something good enough to fly with but I also just got so sick of carrying a bunch of cases/bags for all my stuff that fitting everything in one was really appealing.