Hard case for compound

gibby97

FNG
I’m in the market for a new hard case and wanted to see what everyone here recommends. I’m looking for something that will not only carry my bow but at least 1 dozen arrows plus a few loose items and hold them somewhat secure.

looking to spend upto $200 but more importantly I want the best case for the money.

thanks in advance.

i use a pelican v730 and used an electric knife to cut the foam out myself. everything fits really snug and its a pretty solid case. Got it on sale for like 160, normally runs 190

Stalker69

WKR
Skb is the best I’ve found, they warranty the case and contents to I believe 1500.00. Pelican does not warranty the case against any thing other then manufacture defect, and no warranty against air line damage or the contents.

Stalker69

WKR
Do a search you will find one of the guys that had a pelican that cracked, and the reply he got from them on the warranty. That was enough for me to never buy a pelican case, cooler or anything.

wayoh22

WKR
SKB all the way. Bought one earlier this year and cannot recommend enough. Also has TSA locks built into the clamps so travel is a breeze.

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
I would highly recommend NOT using TSA locks and put your own pad locks on. You are not required to use TSA locks. This just means they have to come out to you at the counter to inspect prior to you placing locks on case. (I always put a pistol in with bow) What this does, is ensure nobody is opening your case and messing with your gear, bow, pistol etc.
Ask my buddy, who didn't heed my advice, about the damaged ruger 357 with a large scratch and failure to function.......

Evol

Lil-Rokslider
I would highly recommend NOT using TSA locks and put your own pad locks on. You are not required to use TSA locks. This just means they have to come out to you at the counter to inspect prior to you placing locks on case. (I always put a pistol in with bow) What this does, is ensure nobody is opening your case and messing with your gear, bow, pistol etc.
Ask my buddy, who didn't heed my advice, about the damaged ruger 357 with a large scratch and failure to function.......

Good tip!

Gorp2007

WKR

My understanding of the TSA regulations is that this only applies if you're also flying with a firearm. If you have a firearm in the case, they are required to have you open for them to inspect. If you DON'T have a firearm in the case, TSA can simply cut the locks to gain access and inspect. I am neither a lawyer nor a TSA representative,

Reactions: Oso

pirogue

WKR
Here’s what I do. I have the hard aluminum Kalispel bow case. When I fly, I put a cheap .22 pistol in it, then can declare a firearm, have my private locks on, and rest assured that if they want to look in it, they will contact me and I’ll be present, to make sure my bow, arrows, and gear stay packed the way I packed them.

rob86jeep

WKR
How did the Ruger get damaged enough to fail to function...?

TX_Diver

WKR
I went with the legend everest roller case.

In the hard case world SKB and Pelican are great, but the legend roller case was a bit more versatile. Flew 2x with it last year and had no issues. Heard of recommendations to put zipties or a pistol lock around the string/cables to keep anyone from drawing the bow too in the past...

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
How did the Ruger get damaged enough to fail to function...?

TSA had to have dropped it (and it landed on its side) and based on scratch on cylinder, and the fact the cylinder would not fully cycle to the proper timing of next round alignment, which kept trigger from engaging.
He called Ruger, who fixed it no cost within the same week.

Another benefit is that they would be much less likely to lose a bag containing a firearm, and if lost, they would likely be in a hurry to find it!
Last time I flew with my bow on the return trip it went "missing" for 2 days. I'm now considering declaring a handgun in there as well to ensure safer travel.

Pwells10

WKR
Snapchat-188468213.jpgSnapchat-1385366812.jpg
Don't mind the kids toys on the ground. But, I recently bought this skb and I love it. Double bow case but debating if I should just cut the foam for my bow or just leave it.

I’m old fashioned but, I have used the Americase bow case for years. Great case with dozen arrow storage, lightweight and has rollers. Easy to stick your duffle on and roll away. Americase customer service second to none! You break it and j.d. will send you a new one!

Skb double bow case. Flown with it a hand full of times. Put a hand or shotgun in it and it will make it to your final destination. They don’t like to lose firearms. I can send you pictures of mine if you want. Put hunting close around the bow and arrows.