Hard case for Sig Cross

I'm in the market to buy a hard case for my Sig Cross (6.5 Creedmoor). Currently has a Razor LHT 4.5-22x50 FFP XLR-2 sitting on top. Leaning towards a shorter case to store it with the stock folded.

What are you all using? Pics would also be appreciated :)

(sorry for the crappy pic)

IMG_3871.jpg

alpine_troop

Lil-Rokslider
Look at SKB iSeries cases, they have one of the most extensive size lineups of hard cases. Very comparable to Pelican as far as features and quality. Bet you could find a near perfect fit.

2nd the iseries. Pelican is great but $$$ and probably too heavy and overbuilt for most of our needs. I would pony up for pelican if I was really going to beat the hell out of my case. As it is, my iseries do everything my pelicans do for less weight and money.

@thunderchicken21 what height rings did you use for your scope?

alpine_troop

Lil-Rokslider
Just checked the iSeries lineup and sizes, you can’t get a perfect fit as far as a “folded gun sized case,” but they make several carry-on sized cases that would fit the Cross plus other accessories like binos, ammo, etc

side note- whatever people say about those guns doesn't discount the fact that I think they look cool as hell.

BTW I run a Nanuk case. Has worked well flying and has roller wheels because it definitely isn't light.

OP
thunderchicken21
2nd the iseries. Pelican is great but $$$ and probably too heavy and overbuilt for most of our needs. I would pony up for pelican if I was really going to beat the hell out of my case. As it is, my iseries do everything my pelicans do for less weight and money.

@thunderchicken21 what height rings did you use for your scope?

Vortex 1.26” precision matched rings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you’re going to store it in a hard case (I wouldn’t) then at least get something with closed cell foam to prevent as much moisture as possible, open cell foam is just a sponge for moisture.

You’re going to need a decently thick case to store it folded. I tried to get mine in one that’s probably 4” thick with super squishy open cell foam to go to the range and it was a no go.

A Storm 3100 or pelican 1700 would definitely work. I was also thinking about getting a Pelican 1615 air to fit other gear too and just stuffing it in there with a scope and crown cover.

Weldor

WKR
I have a older Cabela's AR case (looks like a pelican knockoff) mine fits folded but it is tight. I will check the measurements and post it .

Weldor

WKR
36" x 15" x 5" tight but it works. I only use it when traveling not for storage.

BHanson

FNG
The Vault tactical rifle case V730 is 44x16x6.3” If you can find it at Bi-Mart they are the least expensive I’ve seen. I bought the V770 for $100 there

OP
thunderchicken21
Alright, I think I’m going to give up on the folded stock layout. What full length cases are you using and how do you have the foam laid out?

OP
thunderchicken21
Alright, I think I’m going to give up on the folded stock layout. What full length cases are you using and how do you have the foam laid out?

Anyone? I see pelican has a program where they will custom cutout your foam based on pics and dimensions.

I have pelicans for various things. I find it is easy enough to cut their foam. My favorite technique is to trace the rifle on the foam. Trace inside of that by 3/4 of an inch and cut out with an electric carving knife ($14 on Amazon). Slowly widen the hole as needEd until you get your fit.

cburgin72

Lil-Rokslider
I really like my pelican case. It flew to Colorado and did a great job protecting my rifle. I cut the foam myself. It was easy.

Spindrift

FNG
You’ll end up putting a 20” sendero on that beast. Mark my words!

OP
thunderchicken21
You’ll end up putting a 20” sendero on that beast. Mark my words!

Looks like shortest they have for 6.5CM is 24” so not likely

J/k

Need to shoot a lot more to consider swapping out the barrel. Maybe one day!