Hard Case For Spotting Scope Suggestions

crossfire3006

Lil-Rokslider
I wasn't sure where to post this question so if this isn't the right place, I apologize. I'm looking to purchase a hard case for a Swarovski STS 65 Spotting Scope and I was looking for some suggestions for manufactures, online retailers, etc. Thanks for the suggestions.

rayporter

WKR
i have a pair of take down shotgun cases that are used to carry spotting scopes. they may be a few inches longer than necessary but they work well.
a cheap plastic one that gets a lot of use is 35x10 inches
i have a heavy duty one that is used for a contender mostly that is about the same size.

wyosteve

WKR
Pelican makes one that I believe is about the same size as the Swaro. hard case.

You spent the money on good glass, don't skimp on protecting it. Get a pelican case, fill out the warranty info, and add it to your home owners insurance.

Stalker69

WKR
Check skb I am sure they make something that will fit. A lot better case then pelicans.

mike.adams.467

Lil-Rokslider
Check skb I am sure they make something that will fit. A lot better case then pelicans.

Based on what? The Pelicans are used for housing sophisticated electronic devices and lasers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Based on what? The Pelicans are used for housing sophisticated electronic devices and lasers.

And so is the SKB case. Just because you know the pelican name does not mean they make a better product they definitely don't offer the customer support of SKB.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Stalker69

WKR

Check other posts here And else where about pelicans warranty, or lack of. If one cracks they don’t warranty it. And yes they do crack. They Only cover manufacture defects. SKB does warranty there cases against breakage although I have not needed skb s warranty nor do I know any body that needed to use there’s. Several have had pelican refuse to warranty there cases from cracked cases. I for one won’t buy another one.

Last edited:

IAMike304

FNG
Depends what you are actually doing with the case. Literally throwing it in the back of the truck? Flying? jumping on it? etc. . . Some will get upset for me saying this, but Harbor Freight has hard cases that work great. Dont get me wrong, I have an SKB for my bows and one for guns( i used to fly a lot with them). But my H.F case for my spotter generally goes in the back seat or back of the truck. Never had an issue with it. I have multiple large and small SKB and Pelican cases for different uses. A buddy has a H.F case for his spotter, showed it to me and it looks and feels no different than a Pelican. Most of the time you get what you pay for, and this is the only thing Ive ever gotten from that store but there are always exceptions. This is one. I would invite anyone to challenge it too.

archer109

FNG
I bought the outdoorsman case. Basically a Lakewood case but it is awesome. I have spots in foam for tripod, btx 95, my Leica RF binos. Perfect setup in my mind!!

Novy

FNG
Skb 3I-1610-5c is what I bought. Just cut the cubed foam out to fit. I cut a spot for my bino hand also.

Two Roads

Lil-Rokslider
You can get a good value by going to Harbor Frieght online and ordering their Apache case. We run full Swarovski atx/btx using one. I wouldn’t check it flying but otherwise works great. It is knock off Pelican.