Hard times for the hunting partner

Jakeweb09

WKR
My dog Blu has a tumor in his eye lid, the only fix for it at this point is to remove his eye. He’s always been a great waterfowl dog and I’m hoping this is something he can overcome in the field! He’s 8 years old but should be able to get a few more decent seasons in! Anyone ever hunt with a 1 eyed dog?

[email protected]

Lil-Rokslider
Never had a 1 eyed pup but my old dog just had a tumor removed also so wishing good luck and a quick recovery for yours!

Hoping for a speedy recovery. Dogs in this house have status only slightly below grandchildren and well above the 20 or 30 something year old parents.
Your pup will be running into stuff every where for a while. I’d start with yard work, getting his confidence back, with out getting tangled up in something. You’ll be amazed at what he doesn’t see I would think, but my experience is with a one eye Gsp they don’t use their eyes much any way. Poor guy would walk right off a ledge trailing chukar after he lost his eye.

twall13

WKR
I had an old lab that got whacked by a porcupine and lost an eye from the ordeal. She recovered and acted like nothing was wrong after a short while. That said, at the time she lost the eye she was pretty old and arthritic and didn't really hunt anymore so I can't comment on how it would have effected her hunting abilities. Good luck with the recovery.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk