Harness for Compact Binos? (Maven B3)

sektr

FNG
Hey all,

What are the best harness options for compact binos these days, specifically 8x30 Maven B3s? I've been using the Maven harness for awhile, but I want to pick up an enclosed harness to keep them a little more protected.

Currently eyeing the FHF Pro-M, the Marsupial and AGC KISS or CUB, but all of them seem to be a little big for a compact bino. Any recommendations for harnesses sized for compacts? Anyone here use the harnesses I mentioned above with 8x30 or 8x32 binos? Do they fit alright without too much rattling around?

Thanks!

Rodéo

WKR
The small FHF should work well with maven b3's. I use them right now and they're maxed out with 8x42 tract toric's with the eye cups all the way out but the bungee cord has a lot of adjustment. I've played with the b3's and feel like the small FHF would be a perfect fit. Only other experience is kuiu harness and that is wayyyyy to big for 8x32.

Rwatwood

FNG
I do own the Marsupial Gear harness for my 10x binos. I personally was never a fan of the direction the FHF and other brands open. This was the 3rd year with that harness and I still love it.
In my opinion the Marsupial is a better bang for your buck. I believe the size Small harness will fit 8x binos.

tdot

WKR
The original Kuiu size small harness works perfect for my 8x32's. I've tried the AGC small and it was way too big, the newer model Kuiu was also way too big. After a bunch more looking, I ended up back with the original Kuiu.

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I use a marsupial on larger but for smaller compacts like the B3 which are really impressive for the size I use the Rick young harness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
FHF used to make a "compact" size, don't see it in their lineup anymore sadly

Kotaman

WKR
I use a marsupial on larger but for smaller compacts like the B3 which are really impressive for the size I use the Rick young harness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This...and if you want them covered with the Rick Young, buy the neoprene cover or the fabric slick cover. Great combo for the “mini”s.