Harness for Maven 8x30's

D.Rose

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for a bino harness that will fit my Maven 8x30's. Using a rick young harness right now and like it pretty good but would like extra protection going through the clear cuts around the places I hunt. Looking at the FHF small right now. Anyone know what the best fit for the 8x30's is?

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I carry mine in a marsupial gear little Joey - tight fit with the depth of that pack, but a nicer footprint to carry than a fully enclosed one with regular sized binos when it isn’t hunting season.

I think that small FHF is about as tiny/close as I have ever seen.

ZDR

WKR
I had the B3 8x30s and an FHF small harness and it was just too big for the binos. FHF used to make a compact harness but discontinued it. Never tried the MArsupial as I sold the B3s.

OP
D.Rose

D.Rose

Lil-Rokslider
Anybody know if the new stone glacier will adjust down to fit compacts?

Tower

FNG
I have the B3’s and use a couple different harnesses depending on what I’m doing and where I am. 90% of my hunting is in Texas and I use the AGC Cub max. It’s a little big for the B3’s and they move around ever so slightly, but as a result they are easy to get out. The Cub is great for storage which is why I use it most of the time.

When I am in WY in the fall I use the FHF Compact size and the B3’s are a perfect fit. Not as much storage in it so I use the separate range finder pouch and also the holster attachment.
Maybe contact FHF to see if they will custom make a Compact for you.

OP
D.Rose

D.Rose

Lil-Rokslider
I have the B3’s and use a couple different harnesses depending on what I’m doing and where I am. 90% of my hunting is in Texas and I use the AGC Cub max. It’s a little big for the B3’s and they move around ever so slightly, but as a result they are easy to get out. The Cub is great for storage which is why I use it most of the time.

When I am in WY in the fall I use the FHF Compact size and the B3’s are a perfect fit. Not as much storage in it so I use the separate range finder pouch and also the holster attachment.
Maybe contact FHF to see if they will custom make a Compact for you.
I like the idea of extra storage on my harness. How loose does to B3's fit in the cub max? I can stand a tiny bit of slop but I can't handle them bouncing around alot.

Tower

FNG
I like the idea of extra storage on my harness. How loose does to B3's fit in the cub max? I can stand a tiny bit of slop but I can't handle them bouncing around alot.
I wouldn’t say they bounce around, I’ve certainly never noticed or felt that. There is space for them to move side to side a bit. There’s no movement front to back because I have adjusted them to my eyes and they are not completely flat / wide open. Not sure if that makes sense or not.
I can post some pictures but it will be a couple of weeks before I’m able to.

Tower

FNG
Here are my B3’s in an AGC Cub Max and FHF compact size. Side to side, they are nearly identical in the amount of open space and movement. Front to back the FHF is a little more narrow. The AGC is not nearly as cavernous as it might appear, due to the black interior. Where the FHF really has the advantage is how much more shallow it is than the AGC, so it’s a little easier to pull them out. But IMO it’s definitely not a deal breaker on the AGC, and you could also run a larger set of binos in it.
Hope this helps!

Attachments

• 9AAE7DBE-9542-4FB4-8DE5-13841D5E370B.jpeg
    9AAE7DBE-9542-4FB4-8DE5-13841D5E370B.jpeg
    267.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 65EA829C-D252-40F3-B7AD-4C34C82409A6.jpeg
    65EA829C-D252-40F3-B7AD-4C34C82409A6.jpeg
    399.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 6EB61ADE-620E-4FA4-BA82-3BA2A7EB7481.jpeg
    6EB61ADE-620E-4FA4-BA82-3BA2A7EB7481.jpeg
    230.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 02C5B1A4-0AF7-4A31-9C36-66B244F9275A.jpeg
    02C5B1A4-0AF7-4A31-9C36-66B244F9275A.jpeg
    465.6 KB · Views: 28

sektr

FNG
Mine fit well in my Marsupial small, a little wiggle room but they weren’t bouncing around. Only complaint is with the enclosed pack they’re a little awkward to dig out.

OP
D.Rose

D.Rose

Lil-Rokslider
Mine fit well in my Marsupial small, a little wiggle room but they weren’t bouncing around. Only complaint is with the enclosed pack they’re a little awkward to dig out.
You talking about the new fully enclosed marsupial or the original?

rj2

WKR
I wish companies would make a size for the 8x30 crowd too, everything is for 42mm+ binos. I'd like to see them in a stone glacier harness.

I keep mine in the oregon packworks binobro pro, size small tall. I added some felt lined .030 kydex so it stays open for easy 1 hand in/out. It can cinch up tight for full coverage. Still under 8oz. with the kydex and the added tethers.

20201126_215038.jpg 20201225_091907.jpg

OP
D.Rose

D.Rose

Lil-Rokslider
If I end up ordering a Stone Glacier in a few days which I'm thinking I will, I'll post pictures of the fit.

Firehawk

WKR
I just picked up an Outdoor Visions size Medium, and my 8x30s fit pretty good. Definitely more room than needed, but seems to work well enough. Wish that FHF still made a compact version as it seems like a great option. A small Marsupial also seems like a good option.

sektr

FNG
You talking about the new fully enclosed marsupial or the original?
The fully enclosed, the higher sidewalls make it so you have to reach over and in to pull the binos out. I imagine the unenclosed version wouldn’t have that issue.

bird35

FNG
I ended up ordering a T&K small bino harness and used about a half inch of foam in the bottom to hold the b3 up a little higher. It added no noticible extra weight and there is no movement at all now. It would be nice if a company made a harness for a smaller binocular. I use an AGC KISS for a set of KOWA genesis 8x33 and may need to add a little foam to it as well. I used foam from an old bergara gun box i had laying around. The Stone Glacier looks good as well.

VASolocam

FNG
I agree that I wish more companies would offer a bino harness for a smaller set. I often hunt with a Maven 8x30 or even 7x28 since I rarely need more for the cover I'm in. My best solution has been the AGC Kiss harness. The binos fit pretty well side to side. I can put a phone in the pouch behind the binos which is super convenient for me. I usually put something soft that I'm going to carry anyway under the binos to raise them up a little - like a light weight hat, lens cloth, spare gloves, etc.
I tried the Marsupial but thought it was really tough to dig them out over the side walls - also decided the magnets were not for me with the GPS issues. I also tried the SG and although the fit was great, the problem I was having is that the lid tended to push just hard enough on the binos when I opened it that it would change the hinge angle and I would have to readjust it with both hands to see through. I could find a balance of hood tension that prevented this problem for me. It may just be that I need a fairly steep hinge angle.

They're not Mavens, but a pair of Kowa 8X33s that I just received fit very nicely in an AGC Kodiak Cub. I like the side protection that AGCs give from dirt and debris.

Like VASolocam, I put something under the binos to give a bit more height. I use a folded bandana, which is always good to have along anyway.