Harvester vs Ultra 7

Sled

WKR
If you have the cash then I'd say go for it. I bought the 1st gen just before the 2nd came out. My harvester is on the rifle I use more often and the ultra gets shared right now. My only complaint on the tbac is due to sharing it between rifles. For instance, my fury is 1/2x28 in a 7mag. That leave no factory mounted options. Luckily there are several aftermarket options.

OP
MuleyFever
If you have the cash then I'd say go for it. I bought the 1st gen just before the 2nd came out. My harvester is on the rifle I use more often and the ultra gets shared right now. My only complaint on the tbac is due to sharing it between rifles. For instance, my fury is 1/2x28 in a 7mag. That leave no factory mounted options. Luckily there are several aftermarket options.
I wont have the thread problem as I dont have a rifle for it now so all my future rifle purchases will have 5/8x24 threads.

JoeDirt

WKR
I will never buy a break mounted suppressor. I bought direct thread my buddy bought the break style. Thunder Beast was out of stock it took him a year to find and extra one. Save you threaded break monies for more tax stamps :p

I ran into the same question when I was looking for my first suppressor. Found a great deal on the Harvester 300 and ended up buying 2. They've been great, no complaints at all. That was in 2018. Last year I decided to try a TBAC ultra 7. Got the paperwork in on 12-3-20, still waiting for my approval. I'm pretty sure my app hasn't even been assigned to a examiner yet. Going from a 7 month wait to (most likely) more than a year has been frustrating to say the least. Get the one you want, the wait times are getting longer and longer.

Rcol317

FNG
Classified Approved
Tbac cans are 1.5" diameter and outclassed by other manufacturers who are going 1.735" diameter or larger.
There's no magic here, volume equals suppre
That's interesting and I agree with the logic. I have a 1.75" X7 inch Trash Panda and it's not much quieter than the Ultra 7 but twice as heavy. That's my experience so I'll do some more research. Thanks for the info.

That's interesting and I agree with the logic. I have a 1.75" X7 inch Trash Panda and it's not much quieter than the Ultra 7 but twice as heavy. That's my experience so I'll do some more research. Thanks for the info.
Yeah the TBAC does well for its size but they really should move to a fatter can in my opinion.
Dead air is killing it with similar lengths

Another vote for the harvester. I used one on 5 hunts this year and had no issues. My tikka and harvester combo are stupid accurate (1.5”-3” groups at 300 yards are typical with factory ammo). I can’t comment on the TBAC but it is often recommended at the best suppressor for hunting. To me it was worth the savings but I wouldn’t mind a shorter/lighter maybe a bit fatter can. The harvester on a 24” barrel makes for a fairly long rifle. In open country it’s not an issue, I don’t take this rifle setup on thick timber hunts

But I likly won’t change from the harvester because it does exactly what I need and puts smiles on the faces of the people that I hunt with when I take a shot. BTW I LOVE the anchor break on the end of the can, it reduced recoil that much more. My 6.5 creed with the harvester feels like a 22-250

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeDeltaFoxtrot

Lil-Rokslider
I was at the range today and had the opportunity to shoot a DeadAir Nomad side by side with my Harvester 300 on my rifle using my loads. The Nomad was clearly quieter, but is also bigger around and heavier. However, they make a Ti version of the Nomad that might just be the optimal thing. Interestingly, the Nomad is rated up to 300 RUM.

Last edited:
I was at the range today and had the opportunity to shot a DeadAir Nomad side by side with my Harvester 300 on my rifle using my loads. The Nomad was clearly quieter, but is also bigger around and heavier. However the make a Ti version of the Nomad that might just be the optimal thing. Interestingly, the Nomad is rated up to 300 RUM.
Yep not only are they rated for the RUM but there's no minimum barrel length on magnums, which is a major reason that I went with the Nomad LT.
If a guy wanted short as possible with decent suppression the Nomad Ti would be sweet

OP
MuleyFever
Hopefully you have it by next hunting season!
The person doing the paperwork said they have heard of some changes to the processing that will hopefully reduce the time. Not sure of any details buy hopefully they are real.

I will never buy a break mounted suppressor. I bought direct thread my buddy bought the break style. Thunder Beast was out of stock it took him a year to find and extra one. Save you threaded break monies for more tax stamps :p

Just wait til your direct thread comes slightly unscrewed without you realizing and you launch your can 50 yards and blow it in pieces lol

JoeDirt

WKR
Just wait til your direct thread comes slightly unscrewed without you realizing and you launch your can 50 yards and blow it in pieces lol

Back it off a 1/4 to 1/2 a turn and zip it on. Has yet to come loose. I do check it often for that reason. If your can wobbles that much when its loose they cut your barrel threads out of spec. I have one barrel thats slightly looser and its my cheapest one.