Has Anybody Else Noticed a Scarcity of Hunting Videos on YouTube Lately?

I think guys where hunting public ground and killing animals way before Randy was around and will continue to do so after he is not around. So I think you’re stretching on that one a little bit.
Actually you’re stretching a shit load on that.
I was referring to his work woth conservation agencies and the way he fights for public land access. Things the majority of us hunters don’t do, but complain when we can’t access a location. So guys like him that fight for those things are very important, especially in today’s political climate. I don’t find that to be a stretch at all.

State fishing game agencies paying influencers to come hunt their state is BS. Glad they are receiving push back on that.
Anyway if that’s the episode that’s on YouTube currently where he gets forced to sleep in inside the camper due to scorpions, pinstripes the living shit out of his truck, and doesn’t kill anything, maybe he needs to put more content like that. Because that sure made me want to go hunt Arizona. LOL

Loggerdude

Lil-Rokslider
In Oregon there’s a house bill in 2022 to stop butchering ALL meat includes hunting. The impact will be eat more dirt. I hope our like minded folks are going to some extremes on this one. I’m sure they will put it on social media.

State fishing game agencies paying influencers to come hunt their state is BS. Glad they are receiving push back on that.
Anyway if that’s the episode that’s on YouTube currently where he gets forced to sleep in inside the camper due to scorpions, pinstripes the living shit out of his truck, and doesn’t kill anything, maybe he needs to put more content like that. Because that sure made me want to go hunt Arizona. LOL
That was Nevada

Is it really absurd to think they would use their marketing budget in the most efficient ways possible?

I just can’t understand guys being surprised by this. Many of these agencies are self funded, and resident tag fees don’t cut it.

@gexpro there is a thread on it already. He released a 10 minute pod on it. Aron also brought it up on Kifarucast a while back.

targetpanic

Lil-Rokslider
To the OP.s original question. I notice the decline of content happens at this time every year. Some of the channels are filming hunts now and they hold their content back at this time of year...by the end of October a lot of your favorite channels will be releasing videos every day though.
As for the demonetization...I saw SeekOne released a new video yesterday and they said this was the first video since YouTube reversed their stance and said that they would be back to being monetized.
Apparently the demonetization started on 9/21ish and was reversed by 9/23ish???

92xj

WKR
where did he admit to this? what a shit show if that's true.
ive enjoyed his and lampers content. but it seems like there is a lot of drama with Brian over the years..
One of his latest podcast before going MIA he discusses how he poached a wolf without a tag. And I guess @robby denning cant ban me now for mentioning something about it again since Brian call finally admitted it after five years and has been charged, sentenced and now doing his consequences. (Robby, I’m just poking a little fun and hoping for a smile)

TheTone

WKR
where did he admit to this? what a shit show if that's true.
ive enjoyed his and lampers content. but it seems like there is a lot of drama with Brian over the years..
Short podcast on Aug 9th and since he has pretty much been silent

tdhanses

WKR
I was referring to his work woth conservation agencies and the way he fights for public land access. Things the majority of us hunters don’t do, but complain when we can’t access a location. So guys like him that fight for those things are very important, especially in today’s political climate. I don’t find that to be a stretch at all.
Many conservation orgs were around way before Randy and doing quite well for conservation and public land access.

Many of us help and are members of these orgs, we just aren’t social media influencer, if you want to help become a member and actually attend a banquet, also remember what the banquet is for and don’t go just to get good deals on items, open up your wallet for a good cause, many of us do but not nearly enough.

Last edited:
OP
P

Pelagic

Lil-Rokslider
In Oregon there’s a house bill in 2022 to stop butchering ALL meat includes hunting. The impact will be eat more dirt. I hope our like minded folks are going to some extremes on this one. I’m sure they will put it on social media.
This is the kind of thing I'm worried about spreading through other states, with the same net effect and goal in mind. IF YT is censoring hunting content, there is a reason behind it, and likely a calculated one. They along with other groups will fund political candidates and bills that will in effect limit our ability to do what we love.

In my mind, it looks like there are 2 common schools of thought on this thread - 1) I'm glad they are censoring these people who are introducing unwanted hoards into the lifestyle; I've been inconvenienced, crowded out, and I see the thing I love being diluted, cheapened, and monetized through that exposure. So the less that know about it the better.

And 2) there is a politically motivated campaign against hunting that has been going on for some time now, and more people exposed to the hunting lifestyle means we have more folks to help in fighting against this, and promote access. The more that know about it the better, in order to help ensure it's preserved.

I'm willing to be wrong here, and I hope that I am. I'm technically one of those people who have been exposed to hunting 6 or so years ago, through online channels, mainly here. My father never introduced me to it, and I don't have a family heritage of it, so I otherwise would never have done it. But it seems to me that position 1 above could be short sighted given the political winds shifting more and more against hunting.

But maybe I'm making a lot of assumptions on position 2 being an actual effective way of fighting to preserve our hunting rights.

To the OP.s original question. I notice the decline of content happens at this time every year. Some of the channels are filming hunts now and they hold their content back at this time of year...by the end of October a lot of your favorite channels will be releasing videos every day though.

Apparently the demonetization started on 9/21ish and was reversed by 9/23ish???
I haven't noticed the scarcity being as much as it is this year compared to years past, but hopefully you are right, and we'll start to see this as a minor blip and nothing more.

iseebucks

Lil-Rokslider
I’m guessing gritty is wondering how to make a comeback after admitting his idaho wolf was illegal. I’d be fine if he never comes back and grabs himself a desk job somewhere
I heard about that but I still don't understand why it was illegal. Can you please explain what he did wrong?

Many conservation orgs were around way before Randy and doing quite well for conservation and public land access.

Many of us help and are members of these orgs, we just aren’t social media influencer, if you want to help become a member and actually attend a banquet, also remember what the banquet is for and don’t go just to get good deals on items, open up your wallet for a good cause, many of us do but not nearly enough.
To be fair, I wasn’t saying he is the only one. I said guys like him, which would include you also, and anyone else that makes a point to actually support the organizations that do good things.

He does have a large platform though, and him splitting off from YT and all the other Big Tech stuff is only a good thing.

tdhanses

WKR
To be fair, I wasn’t saying he is the only one. I said guys like him, which would include you also, and anyone else that makes a point to actually support the organizations that do good things.

He does have a large platform though, and him splitting off from YT and all the other Big Tech stuff is only a good thing.
Ok, just seemed like you were saying he was the creator/savior of conservation and public access.

He has been a great voice for conservation and public access but his work while more then most of us is a drop in the bucket compared to some and the total combined work accomplished by the majority of members that fund these orgs and volunteer time, he’s a great face for social media awareness.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
One of his latest podcast before going MIA he discusses how he poached a wolf without a tag. And I guess @robby denning cant ban me now for mentioning something about it again since Brian call finally admitted it after five years and has been charged, sentenced and now doing his consequences. (Robby, I’m just poking a little fun and hoping for a smile)

No problem at all now. It’s not hearsay anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gelton

WKR
I heard about that but I still don't understand why it was illegal. Can you please explain what he did wrong?
Says he didn't understand the rules in ID and it was a far drive back into town to get a wolf tag...he was hunting in the morning for an Elk tag and in ID you could use an Elk tag on a bear or wolf.

Shot the wolf first, thought he missed (hmmm) then drove to town the next day to buy a wolf tag and magically found the wolf he shot the day before that he should have used the elk tag on, but now had an actual wolf tag so he was able to save his Elk tag that should have been punched on the wolf.

The whole story sounds like a CYA explanation.

tdhanses

WKR
Says he didn't understand the rules in ID and it was a far drive back into town to get a wolf tag...he was hunting in the morning for an Elk tag and in ID you could use an Elk tag on a bear or wolf.

Shot the wolf first, thought he missed (hmmm) then drove to town the next day to buy a wolf tag and magically found the wolf he shot the day before that he should have used the elk tag on, but now had an actual wolf tag so he was able to save his Elk tag that should have been punched on the wolf.

Just listened to it, guess he’s paying the price whether it was a mistake or not.

TheTone

WKR
Just listened to it, guess he’s paying the price whether it was a mistake or not.
Well there were multiple people in camp with him including people from RS, the story was shared here. I’m sure they could have told him what he should have done vs what he did

When Aron mentioned it, he said Brian’s version is a little different than how he remembered it going down and left it at that. Not surprising, the gritty version is pretty sus. It doesn’t take much imagination to figure out what really happened.

tdhanses

WKR
Oh dang, I missed all that stuff but doesnt sound like it got to that point either way.

My question is if RS members or others knew enough to testify, why didn’t they go and turn him in 5 years ago or did they? Seems like that would of been the right thing to do.