Has Anybody Else Noticed a Scarcity of Hunting Videos on YouTube Lately?

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
Not worked up at all just stated that more then Brian knew what happened whether it was on the hill, in camp, or driving to get tags to CYA and people got their feathers ruffled. It's funny that some poachers get a pass because of who they are or what they poached. To me it is something that shouldn't be tolerated, but to each their own and I will leave it at that.

No one here gave Brian ‘a pass’, and we didn’t deserve the accusation from you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

EastMT

WKR
Good lord, Facebook is back up, go troll around there. If you rub elbows with enough people in the hunting industry you will contact people that do/have done something illegal. That’s like a business trip with a dude that cheats on his wife, you may have suspicions but you weren’t there for the action.

In all seriousness and not trying to beat a dead horse, but I wonder what @mtwarden would have to say about this situation given his background.

I’d like to think it would be investigated the same way, but in regard to someone having proof of a violation versus a report of a violation, I’d assume proof would only give more teeth to an investigation and that a tip of wrongdoing would still be given due diligence.

As of August 12th, gritty is a convicted poacher after it appears he plead to get the unlawful possession of game charge dropped. Got tagged (no pun intended) with the failure to validate or attach a tag to a carcass though. He got 1 year of probation, 100 hours of community service, And he has to surrender the poached wolf to IDFG by October 12th. I’m sure there are fines in there too but I’m not entirely sure what those are.

Actually, defund fish and game is don't buy license.

Seems that it is popular, especially if you wait til after you shoot something.
Actually not true. Over the past half-century, the number of hunting licenses sold annually in California has fallen 70 percent — from 764,000 in 1970 to 225,000 in 2019, even as the state's population has doubled. What happened? The Humane Society stepped in with coin and "partnered" with the Dept. of Fish & Game (which then then changed to Fish & Wildlife) and the liberals imposed sweeping legislation that adversely impacted sportsmen & women. That's the playbook buddy.

Actually not true. Over the past half-century, the number of hunting licenses sold annually in California has fallen 70 percent — from 764,000 in 1970 to 225,000 in 2019, even as the state's population has doubled. What happened? The Humane Society stepped in with coin and "partnered" with the Dept. of Fish & Game (which then then changed to Fish & Wildlife) and the liberals imposed sweeping legislation that adversely impacted sportsmen & women. That's the playbook buddy.

So you are saying that when hunters don't provide the funding, they will source from elsewhere.

Interesting as our game department just changed names, but I'm unaware of any funding change. But it could have happened.

woods89

WKR
In all seriousness and not trying to beat a dead horse, but I wonder what @mtwarden would have to say about this situation given his background.

I’d like to think it would be investigated the same way, but in regard to someone having proof of a violation versus a report of a violation, I’d assume proof would only give more teeth to an investigation and that a tip of wrongdoing would still be given due diligence.

As of August 12th, gritty is a convicted poacher after it appears he plead to get the unlawful possession of game charge dropped. Got tagged (no pun intended) with the failure to validate or attach a tag to a carcass though. He got 1 year of probation, 100 hours of community service, And he has to surrender the poached wolf to IDFG by October 12th. I’m sure there are fines in there too but I’m not entirely sure what those are.
Mtwarden said in the reintroduction thread that he keeps notes on the activity on here..........ever the professional.......:)

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
Mtwarden said in the reintroduction thread that he keeps notes on the activity on here..........ever the professional.......:)

That has to be a full time job all in itself!

So you are saying that when hunters don't provide the funding, they will source from elsewhere.

Interesting as our game department just changed names, but I'm unaware of any funding change. But it could have happened.
I'm saying the liberal politicians will find a way to use the problem to advance their political agenda.

Sure hate to burn 2+ weeks of vacation on community service because I didn’t want pay the difference between an elk and wolf tag.

TheTone

WKR
Sure hate to burn 2+ weeks of vacation on community service because I didn’t want pay the difference between an elk and wolf tag.
Hard to lose vacation when you don’t have a job besides pimping product and hunting

sneaky

"DADDY"
All those people complaining are free to make their own platform. You guys do realize that don't you?
Good luck getting said platform hosted. They who control the content, control the hosts.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
It wouldn’t hurt anything if 98% of the hunting content on YouTube and Instagram disappeared overnight either.
Depublicize, Deglorify, Demonetize- as the good Rinella (Matt) put it. If you would do those three simple things I think you would see a decrease in hunters. I think there’s a large portion of them who don’t do it because they love hunting or being outdoors. they do it as a way to make money, get likes, become in instafamous.
Zuckerberg may not be the hero we wanted, but he will be the hero we get.
Once you lose hunters you are at the mercy of the general public. We're already outnumbered in every possible way, and only get to do this because the majority of the public is ambivalent. Once they get leaned on by big tech and anti groups it will be easy to get rid of our pastime. Can't believe people are wanting hunter numbers to decrease. There is no "good" Rinella.

Last edited by a moderator:

sneaky

"DADDY"
Zuckerberg is a hunter, FWIW.

I am not disappointed if Gritty goes bye-bye (was always a matter of time for that guy anyway) and if YT bans hunting videos, you're not gonna see me cry. And you're either a new hunter in the last couple years or absolutely high if you dont think that the insane increase in western hunting in the last 7 or so years isn't 95% attributable to YT and Instagram. When people can't show other people on the internet how awesome they think they are for killing shit, then most of those newbies will sell their Firstlite and Sitka piles for dirt cheap and will buy a $1500 set of golf clubs instead. They were never going to be the ones to carry on the hunting heritage and tradition, so it's no real loss in my eyes.
Zuck did that for a year, only eating what meat he sourced himself. He didn't turn into a hunter.

CorbLand

WKR
I thought that was all I was allowed to hunt in??? #HuntressLife

If you were a true "huntress" the picture would have shown your perfect painted finger nails. We also know there is not a full makeup kit in that backpack as it is way too small. Come on, you really need to step your game up.

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
If you were a true "huntress" the picture would have shown your perfect painted finger nails. We also know there is not a full makeup kit in that backpack as it is way too small. Come on, you really need to step your game up.

You are right. I will try harder….you forgot to mention my cordless curling iron….