Has anyone added a stove jack to a Tarptent StratoSpire 1?

Ranger619

WKR
I am thinking of pulling the inner tent and putting in a stove jack on my StratoSpire 1 so I can run a small stove. Has anyone done this? I am not sure how much clearance I need above the stove to keep from having problems with burning the tent material. I would most likely be buying a 12" Smith Cylinder stove or a Seek Outside Cub or Uturn.
Thanks

VernAK

WKR
Ranger,
I have made a simple stove jack for a cheap blue tarp from aluminum tape. The key is how far the tarp is from the stove. I used a laser thermometer rig to read temperatures at various distance above the stove. The pipe cools very rapidly.

OP
R

Ranger619

WKR
Thanks for the info. I think I will have enough clearance. The tent is a similar size to a Silex, which has the ability to have a stove, or the clearance should be similar to a Supertarp annex.

Voyageur

WKR
Thanks for the info. I think I will have enough clearance. The tent is a similar size to a Silex, which has the ability to have a stove, or the clearance should be similar to a Supertarp annex.
Ranger, did you end up doing this? If so how did it work? I'm considering doing the same with my Stratospire II.

OP
R

Ranger619

WKR
I actually sold the tent and bought a different one. No great reason why I did it but that is what we do on here :)