Has anyone bought Used boots?

vtracer41

FNG
I was wondering if anyone has experience with buying used boots? On a super tight budget this year, but ill be damned if that going to stop me. I was looking at used crispi's, lowa's, or Hanwags on ebay. These are my first boots for our
first western trip to Idaho for elk in september.

Mike 338

WKR
I did. Got a pair of Crispi's. Maybe I'm in between sizes but Euro boots seem about a half size small. I had to re-sell them. New boots, you just send them back. Otherwise, the used boots I got were in very good condition.

ChrisAU

WKR
I've considered it, but it just seems like one thing I'd much rather have new. However, if they were in really good shape I'd have no problem with it, problem is boots with just one season on them the way we use them look pretty rough even though they likely have a ton of life left.

yes. lots of times you’ll see boots that pop up for a great price that have little to no wear and just didn’t fit someone right.

CoHiCntry

WKR
You can probably get some NEW boots from STP with a 25% off coupon for the same price as most used ones... unless they are in bad shape making them cheap. I've considered buying used ones a couple times... then thought better of it.

I've sold enough to know people buy them. Sometimes you really can't tell how a boot fits until you get some real time in them and then your stuck with them.
Between me and the wife I'm trying to sell four pair right now.

I've wondered the same thing because used boots seem awful cheap to me on here.. I regularly see Crispi boots with very few miles on them for under $300, which is at least 33% off...

I just bought a pair of Lowa Camino from the REI used site for $146. If they would have put them in an original box I would have thought they sent me a brand new pair. Definitely will be going the same route in the future. Also these are my first pair of Lowas and so far am very pleased. Super comfortable right out of the box and seem very solid.

Tauntohawk

Lil-Rokslider
I grabbed a pair of lowa leather lined Baffin Pro's once for $60 here. the size is a bit wrong but i have never had a hot spot or blister when i size it up with 2 socks so were they worth it. Yes, wore em for a week in Idaho and they come in handy from time to time here in the east just a bit heavy and stiff

Like others said you really have to have your size dialed in and be willing to wait until what you are looking for pop up.

DBuck

Lil-Rokslider
I just bought a pair of Lowa Camino from the REI used site for $146. If they would have put them in an original box I would have thought they sent me a brand new pair. Definitely will be going the same route in the future. Also these are my first pair of Lowas and so far am very pleased. Super comfortable right out of the box and seem very solid.

I did the same thing! Bought a set that seemed brand new for $90 only downside is they were a hair to small so had to send them back. It was nice also being able to try them and see if I liked them with the 30 day return policy!

I've had good transactions buying and selling boots.
About 4 yrs ago my feet flattened out a size and I ended up with heel spurs.
I've gone thru like 15 pairs of boots in 5 years.
So yeah lots buying and trying.
Just ask for enough picks that you feel like you know what your getting.

Usi05

WKR
I am considering it myself. I bought a pair of Danner pronghorns since I had a bunch of Cabela’s points. Got about 15 miles and I like em but still thinking about a used pair of nicer boots.

Just like you I’m hitting the mountains for first time this fall and I stress about my boots daily lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk