Has anyone bought Used boots?

Yes. Bought a pair of hardly used meindl perfekts from a guy on Hunt Talk forum. Made sure the size was right by trying on a new pair at cabelas first though. Worked out great!
Also found a used pair of Danner Acadias at a thrift store...they are on the way back from Danner recrafting now.
Gotta do what you gotta do when you're on a budget! 😁

Picked up a set of lowa tibet gtx on here for $125 in new condition. I have several pair and could not pass up the deal since I knew fit and size was right for me. Still wearing that set every day for the past two years for work and chores at home.
Knowing your size in a boot that works for you should be your primary concern. Boots that don't fit are not a bargain at any price.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've also bought used boots without issue. Tons of people shy away so price is usually a deep discount

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

elkdog

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a pair of Crispi's on here, and could not have been happier.

OP
V

vtracer41

FNG
I just bought a pair of Lowa Camino from the REI used site for $146. If they would have put them in an original box I would have thought they sent me a brand new pair. Definitely will be going the same route in the future. Also these are my first pair of Lowas and so far am very pleased. Super comfortable right out of the box and seem very solid.
Are these caminos Gtx's? How do you like them? Are they stiff?

Are these caminos Gtx's? How do you like them? Are they stiff?

Yes they are the gtx. So far I like them a lot. Been wearing them for a week now, just to work and short walks, about 15 miles so far. Very comfortable and seem well made. The sole is stiff and the upper is mainly leather so it’s stiffer than mesh but I’m sure will break in nicely. I don’t have much experience with boots other than Carolina work boots and Vasque breeze hiking boots which are what I’ve been using for years. I bought the Lowas for a sturdier hiking boot for an upcoming Colorado backcountry elk hunt and so far they seem to fit the bill. I wish they were an inch or so higher but that’s not very common in hiking boots from what I’ve seen. I like the secure feel of my work boot so maybe I’m just used to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car7x

WKR
Yes, probably 5 pairs this year alone. All on Rokslide. As a long time skiier and now retired climber, I got over my original squeamishness about footwear recycling a long time ago. I've also gone thru 2 pairs of sale boots. I have to have it right. A combination of review reading, calling the company or knowledgeable shops, buying retail with return guarantees on sale, and good value purchases used has served me well over the years.

Rokslide is a game changer when what you need comes on the block. I've always been treated very well, made new friends, and the prices are distinctly better than ebay, on the stuff I need. That is partly driven on the sell side by the absence of seller's fees, which has driven ebay costs to about 20+ % for the seller.

OP
V

vtracer41

FNG
Dang, I have a new set of 12s I could have offered.
So, I stopped by REI today, I was in the neighborhood, and decided to have my feet measured again. I thought I was 10.5. He said I should be in 12s. I have a large instep. I also havent been properly measured in prob 15 years, lol. Tried on their stiffest boot, which was the Camino gtx. They fit nice! But I wont buy them for 300 bucks there

rjb0021

FNG
I think that’s the way I may try for my first pair, always wore Mucks here in the SE. Probably will need a 10 but no stores around really carry anything to try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CatfishKev

Lil-Rokslider
I'm a big fan of buying used for lots of things. Keep in mind you can have some boots resoled. I got a used pair of kenetreks for less then half of new price. If i resole and they come back a little smaller I can pass them to one of my kids.

quent

Lil-Rokslider
Used is the way to go. Got a pair lowa tibets for 40 bucks and sent them to be reconditioned/recrafted after I finished putting them through the wringer about a year later. I buy my boots new generally but if I can find a deal like that I definitely get them. It's also a good way to check out boots and see how they feel. It's fairly easy to just turn around and re-sale them on the classifieds. I've sold 2 pairs on here and bought a few. It's a great community on here and have had nothing but an amazing experience every time, either buying or selling.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I’m looking to buy a good set of used 10.5 size boot to wear to Kansas, Nebraska and South Dakota at the beginning of May to chase turkeys!

quent

Lil-Rokslider
That's always a good idea, but if the boots doesn't made for the mass market, because those are usually not that high quality. But real vintage boots usually made from much more stronger materials, or boots which came out in a smaller quantity.
Not quite sure what you're trying to say... generally speaking if it's one of the major foreign boot companies in Europe they'll resale because they're a good quality boot and last for a while as long as you take care of them. Most vintage boots aren't worth buying because they've been beat to hell or just neglected and honestly lack some of the modern advances. I like to buy old boots and get them reconditioned but for work boots. I wouldn't wear an asolo boot from 1980 in the mountains chasing down elk. On the trail or camping, sure, but that's the extent I'd use them.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

tom338

FNG
I sold 3 pairs of Kennetrek mountain extremes. All in good shape. Old age got me, my feet grew and they no longer fit. Some guys got really nice boots for a very good price. Many reasons for people to sell boots.

mcseal2

WKR
I bought my current Kennetrek Mountain Extreme boots on Ebay several years back and have been very happy with them. They had the initial break-in done and fit great right from the start. The guy I got them from said a knee injury would keep him from needing that stiff of boot again, he was done hunting that type country. I think he would like knowing where all his boots have been since then, and what they have packed out.

Those boots are expensive enough to replace and fit well enough I save them for hunts. I train in them just a bit before a hunt to make sure my foot hasn't got wider or arch changed or something. Other than that I train in Salomon 4D boots that are cheaper to replace, make the expensive ones last.