Has Anyone compared Swarovski 12x42 NL vs Swarovski HD 15X56 HD side by side?

Sako300

WKR
Looking if anyone has compared the 2 side by side in the field while glassing game? Also, the two together at dawn or dusk? Remember, I’m only interested in these two binoculars used during the same session during past hunts and what was observed?

6.5x284

WKR
I’ve asked and searched a lot and haven’t gotten many answers. I’m very curious as well as I have both, just no time to take them out until September unfortunately. Maybe I can sneak away and glass up some bears to watch and directly compare in August. I’m ultimately trying to decide if I can sell my 15’s or if there is still a need to keep them. Hopefully some people can chime in here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MtnMuley

WKR
I own both and have ran them both side by side for about 10 months. I seem to have no issues with either at dawn or dusk.

MtnMuley

WKR
And if you had to choose btw the 2, which would you keep?
Damn tough question. I like them both equally for their applications. Since I run a BTX with a 95mm as a spotter, I think I'd keep the NL 12s if forced to only keep one.

kravguy

WKR
Damn tough question. I like them both equally for their applications. Since I run a BTX with a 95mm as a spotter, I think I'd keep the NL 12s if forced to only keep one.
Thats what is holding me back on buying those 12s. If I put the cash out for them, I would want them to use as an all around set and that would mean they would need to replace my 15s. I dont doubt they are great glass, but wondering if I would be missing the added power for my western spot and stalk hunts.

I carry a spotter too, but its dam convenient to throw up those 15s and tell almost instantly if its something I want to pursue further or not.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Thats what is holding me back on buying those 12s. If I put the cash out for them, I would want them to use as an all around set and that would mean they would need to replace my 15s. I dont doubt they are great glass, but wondering if I would be missing the added power for my western spot and stalk hunts.

I carry a spotter too, but its dam convenient to throw up those 15s and tell almost instantly if its something I want to pursue further or not.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Rent a set of 12s and see what you think.