Has anyone ever seen Jack O'Connor's book titled "Hunting with a Binocular"?

JBrown1

Lil-Rokslider
I wonder if it was more of a promotional pamphlet. Something that would end up in a drawer, only to be tossed later, as opposed to something that would be placed on a bookshelf.

QuackAttack

Lil-Rokslider
Tag for updates. I was at the Center a month or two ago and I don’t recall seeing that title. I have almost all of his hunting books as well.

bmrfish

WKR
Can’t help with the pamphlet but around 1980 or so I had a class at the University of Idaho in a big room full of his trophies. Zoogeography I think it was and the teacher was epically terrible. I always liked going to the classroom though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m interested in seeing if anyone comes up with something, my grandpa was a big O’Connor disciple and subsequently a .270 fanatic. I remember reading his articles when I was a teenager that my grandpa gave me.

OP
JOC Fan

JOC Fan

FNG
I will next email my buddy Mike at B&C and he can ask Buck Buckner to see if there was ever such a thing. If anyone, Buck will know. Stay tuned.

OP
JOC Fan

JOC Fan

FNG
OK, I finally got the skinny on it.

It is a thin soft covered book and not just a B&L pamphlet.

Cover is a pale green color with mountains in the background of a darker green color

Dimensions are 4” x 6”JOC-Hunting with a Binocular.png

Bound with two staples

22 Numbered pages

Includes 6/7 black and white photos

Pages are of the slick higher quality paper

It is dated in the back December of 1949

Appraised it at $500

OK, I finally got the skinny on it.

It is a thin soft covered book and not just a B&L pamphlet.

Cover is a pale green color with mountains in the background of a darker green color

Dimensions are 4” x 6”View attachment 372660

Bound with two staples

22 Numbered pages

Includes 6/7 black and white photos

Pages are of the slick higher quality paper

It is dated in the back December of 1949

Appraised it at $500
Daang, very cool.

QuackAttack

Lil-Rokslider
That’s awesome. Shame there isn’t a printer doing a lot of the old books. Retro is big business these days and his books are more relevant today than ever. Tons of hunters with no clue about basics that he covered so eloquently back then. I miss outdoor writers that were true masters of their craft and not just gear pimps.

The hunting world needs Jack, now as much as ever.