Has anyone figured out a hunting bipod yet?

Maybe I'm being too simple, but been using (and love) my trigger stick for years. Quick deploy and can be used sitting, prone, standing, etc... Also stout enough to use as walking stick. Daughters have killed several deer off it as well.

2 - 4' long popular survey laths with a hole about 8" from the top and a 1/4-20 bolt with a couple washers and a lock nut. lol

Been using them for 35 years.
Had a set of those and my only issue was keeping the bolt at the right tension level. It seemed to always work loose even with a nylock.

ID_Matt

WKR
MDT lightweight single has been my favorite. If you want a bit more height than spring for the double. The single pull lightweight has done everything I need. If it gets too tall for it, than the tripod works perfect.

kpalu

FNG
Depending on the vegetation/terrain I'll either run a TBAC bipod with leg extensions or a RRS 24L tripod. I find myself taking more shots seated or kneeling behind the tripod.

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
Can you sit behind those last two mentioned? That’s a must for me.

Huntsalot

FNG
I went with the tilting 12-25" Harris for prone and sitting. I added the quick release mount that allows you to pan left and right. That should cover every situation and I refuse to spend more than that on a bipod.

Nothing wrong with my atlas. I use earth as my bench. Seems to have worked great so far.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

kharb22

Lil-Rokslider
Ckye pod also has a new lightweight version. I run my double pull arca clamp on my hunting rifle. While a little heavy, I like how solid it is. I've kicked around the lightweight version, but I'll stick with my normal one for a bit longer until I can see the lighter one.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Atlas for me, been using it for years and have zero complaints. Leg extensions and spike feet make it really versatile in the field. I don't care what it weighs because it works great and doesn't shit the bed when used hard or require three hands to adjust.

83cj-7

WKR
Kramer Snipe-pod may be the ultimate bipod for hunting. I have the V2-33 sitting length and it’s pretty dang good. It can be used as a prone bipod by only using one leg section. I spend a lot of time behind rifles and I’m very confident using this setup. Best part is that is weighs 4oz and fits in my back pocket.

Picture below is 1 shot from sitting at 300 and 350, and 1 shot from prone at 400, 450 and 500 using the Snipe-pod

Attachments

• 53EEB2DF-BC6B-4B4D-A02F-1FCA5BB4C8DF.jpeg
    53EEB2DF-BC6B-4B4D-A02F-1FCA5BB4C8DF.jpeg
    804.6 KB · Views: 162

Seeknelk

WKR
Spartan Javelin tall(I think? Names have changed) with gunsmith adapters flush in several guns. Weights about 6oz. Rides in vest pocket, snaps in place in seconds, kill shit, go pack it out. Plenty solid to get hits at 1 mile ,300 PRC. I'll never pack 10oz or more always attached to front of stock, again.