Has anyone hunted unit 55 in colorado?

Bar

Banned
Yes, I live right next to it in 481. I enjoy hunting it, and have a few good spots that are away from other hunters.

jm1607

WKR
I wanted to resurrect this thread..

Why are there so many hunters in 55 during archery season? Are they hunting Elk or something? CO is only giving out 50 archery tags this year

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think its the geographical location. Lots of people seem to come from the south to hunt Colorado. 55 is also a bigger unit so people think they have more room to spread out. The main reason is you don't have to fight I70 ttaffic. 😃

Bar

Banned
They offer too many tags. That's why it's popular. Not because of high success rates.

lkwoolsey

WKR
I hunted elk in 55 last year and saw quite a few big muleys. A couple buddies tried hunting elk down in the southern end of that unit, and while there weren't too many elk, they saw a ton of muleys. Told me a 13 year old shot one right out of his camp.

Bar

Banned
I hunted elk in 55 last year and saw quite a few big muleys. A couple buddies tried hunting elk down in the southern end of that unit, and while there weren't too many elk, they saw a ton of muleys. Told me a 13 year old shot one right out of his camp.

Don't you hate hearing that? Most of us hike for miles looking for game and someone shoots one in camp. Where are all these stupid animals when i'm hunting? I need my turn for an easy kill.

Actually I wouldn't enjoy it. I like a challenge.

lkwoolsey

WKR
No kidding! In truth, I'm with you, I won't hunt unless I can backpack in and camp and have to pack it out! At least for big game

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk