Has anyone switched back to floored tents after going floorless?

tdot

WKR
I am primarily floorless but I also have a freestanding floored tent for certain mountain hunts. With a nest any floorless tent is virtually the same as a floorless, so you can have options if you choose. But there are times where a freestanding tent is king.

I did have a stove 5-6 years ago, it didn't really work with my style of hunting. I move every day and seem to always find other ways of getting dry. If I pushed into late October or November I'd seriously consider it. Or learned enough patience to stay in one spot for awhile.

If I know exactly where I am going and don't think I will have to move the shelter more than maybe once, I like the floorless option for size/space/convenience.

But I learned really quickly on a sheep hunt that you cannot throw up a floorless just anywhere. Then add tearing down and putting up a stove, not to mention wood prep. So its good to have both, there isn't a one sized fits all solution.

tdhanses

WKR
I have both and use both but i’d say my floor less gets used 75% of the time.

FNG
No, been using the Kifaru Tipis for 22 years. First 8 man then a 16 man,too. The 16 man for basecamp and the 8man for drop camp.
I follow the Sioux philosiphy...
I lent the 8 man to some of my hunting buddies in a year I did not go and they were snowed in for about 4 days in the 8 man. They enjoyed the stove a lot and the snow and wind stability as well. They could have gotten back to the trucks, but could not have moved the trucks back to basecamp.

rclouse79

WKR
I like floorless with a stove when it is cold, but picked up a small two man when I am likely to encounter ticks or mosquitoes. A small area of refuge at the end of the day is priceless.