Has Anyone Threaded a Bergara Hunter Barrel?

BCD

WKR
I'm really interested in the Bergara Hunter in 308. It checks all of my boxes EXCEPT that the barrel is not threaded. I've looked at the Bergara Ridge as well as it is threaded but it is heavier than I would like. My understanding is that threading the Hunter model may not be possible due to how thin the barrel is. Does anyone have any thoughts/suggestions here?

Thank You!!

OP
B

BCD

WKR
Ok I should have been more clear with my original post. I would like to thread it for a suppressor. Is the only option to do that by using adaptors? If so, are there any downsides to using adaptors?

Thank You!

Axlrod

WKR
Ok I should have been more clear with my original post. I would like to thread it for a suppressor. Is the only option to do that by using adaptors? If so, are there any downsides to using adaptors?

Thank You!
Just keeping track of the adapter when not in use lol. I use my can on 5/8" and 1/2" threaded barrels with no problems.

DRUSSELL

FNG
You can thread it 5/8X24, but you will have the cut the barrel down to a shorter length, which will ultimately get you to a slightly larger barrel OD. Hope that makes sense to you.

I just acquired a b14 hunter in 6.5 creed and it’s currently at the gunsmith getting chopped to 18” and threaded for a can. I am going to thread 1/2x28 since there is plenty of room for the can. I have done 1/2x28 on 30 cal barrels and ran a can with no I’ll effects in the past so it’s doable.

pyle762

FNG
I don't know if you picked up the B14 yet or not and are getting it threaded, but for the price of the B14 and a gunsmith to do the work you can but a Bergara B14 Wilderness Ridge which is the same rifle (Maybe a slightly heavier barrel profile if I remember right) that comes threaded with a muzzle brake.

I don't know if you picked up the B14 yet or not and are getting it threaded, but for the price of the B14 and a gunsmith to do the work you can but a Bergara B14 Wilderness Ridge which is the same rifle (Maybe a slightly heavier barrel profile if I remember right) that comes threaded with a muzzle brake.

I measured a 300 mag ridge last night. Barrel OD right before the threading was .703”. That means there is a shoulder of .078” so not quite enough per the .100” shoulder that I’ve read is required for suppressors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just keeping track of the adapter when not in use lol. I use my can on 5/8" and 1/2" threaded barrels with no problems.

Ever have any issues with a thread adapter? The chance of a baffle struck has kept me from using an adapter on my browning to use a 5/8-24 suppressor. Browning is threaded M13x1.25

Axlrod

WKR
Ever have any issues with a thread adapter? The chance of a baffle struck has kept me from using an adapter on my browning to use a 5/8-24 suppressor. Browning is threaded M13x1.25

I have not, but most of my use is without it. I use it on a 17 HMR that is 1/2" and one time on a .556 AR. I check to make sure the can is tight- a lot no matter the gun it's on.

OP
B

BCD

WKR
I'd look at the b14 wilderness hunter rifle
I am looking at this one as well as the B14 Wilderness Ridge. I don't believe the Wilderness Hunter model coms threaded. I have seen on several websites where it says it is threaded but called Bergara directly and they said that is not the case.....

pyle762

FNG
I know the wilderness ridge model is threaded 5/8x24, or so the website says.
I can confirm this. I have one. That is why I recommeneded it. For the price of it you would buy a B14 and then pay to have it threaded, and come out at the same price...plus the Wilderness Ridge is Cerakoted.

OP
B

BCD

WKR
I can confirm this. I have one. That is why I recommeneded it. For the price of it you would buy a B14 and then pay to have it threaded, and come out at the same price...plus the Wilderness Ridge is Cerakoted.
How do you like the rifle and what caliber did you get?

Thank You!

pyle762

FNG
How do you like the rifle and what caliber did you get?

Thank You!
6.5 CM. The rifle looks great but I can't say anything about accuracy on it yet, as I am still getting it set up. Plus I can't find any ammo for it and and haven't found any brass locally for it yet either, so who knows when I will ever get to shoot it.

pyle762

FNG
I've heard a lot of guys don't like the trigger but I've never shot one. I'd be curious what you find with yoursIn just dryfiring it I think it feels
In just dryfiring it, I think it feels great. I don't feel the need to even adjust it from the way it came out of the box, and I definitely don't see any need for an aftermarket trigger.

Stopped by a local sporting good store that had a 270 bergara hunter I can’t remember the exact measurement because I was in a hurray but by taking off an inch or two off the barrel and treading it 9/16, there would be more than .100” shoulder