Has anyone tried a Burris Signature HD?

grfox92

WKR
Has anyone used and Dialed with a Burris Signature HD series scope? I am considering a scope I can dial with and am not going to spend $1k + on a scope at this time.

I can hear the SWFA 6x comments coming. I'm well aware of that scopes track record and it's an option, I'm just looking to hear about other scopes in that price range that track correctly and dial.

Any input is appreciated.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Tobey

Lil-Rokslider
I have the 2.5-10 version on a tikka 7-08. Glass is very clear, like the reticle. Held it's zero perfectly on elk and antelope hunts this year. Thus far, the turret has been accurate and repeatable. Running the dial up and down at steel targets at 200,550,750 it's been spot on and so far comes exactly back to zero. It's a weird looking scope but not out of place on a stock tikka. Wanted a scope I can dial with but smaller in size and magnification range, so far it's exactly what I wanted.

OP
grfox92

grfox92

WKR
I have the 2.5-10 version on a tikka 7-08. Glass is very clear, like the reticle. Held it's zero perfectly on elk and antelope hunts this year. Thus far, the turret has been accurate and repeatable. Running the dial up and down at steel targets at 200,550,750 it's been spot on and so far comes exactly back to zero. It's a weird looking scope but not out of place on a stock tikka. Wanted a scope I can dial with but smaller in size and magnification range, so far it's exactly what I wanted.
That is great to hear. I've yet to hear a bad thing about Burris optics, Even down to their entry level stuff is supposed to be pretty solid.

Everybody seems to like the SWFA fixed power scopes for dialing, But I would like some variable magnification.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Tobey

Lil-Rokslider
SWFA has a solid following, I've never been around one, sure they're great. Only drawback with the burris signature is the eye piece is so fricken big and the tube is pretty short either side of the turret, finding a ring/base setup that got it low enough and far enough away from my eye was a hassle. Those are decent prices for what your'e getting, I might grab another 2-10 so I have to buy another rifle.

Forest

WKR
I put one on a new 22-250 this winter. Haven't played with it much but impressed with the glass for the money. And the locking turret is nice. Seem to be a legit option in the price range. Haven't done much of any dialing with it yet tho to be honest

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Bowhunter-tw

Lil-Rokslider
How are people liking their burris scopes? How does the glass compare to vortex viper, zeiss v4, steiner predator etc? Im looking at a signature hd 3-15

Nomosendero

Lil-Rokslider
I like some of the Burris scopes which are made or assembled in the Philippines. I believe the NEW Signature line is made in China, that leaves me out, just a personal decision.

I’ve got an older 5-25 Signature series. It is a decent scope for the price point. Glass is mid tier Vortex. Think PST line

kevlar88

Lil-Rokslider
I like some of the Burris scopes which are made or assembled in the Philippines. I believe the NEW Signature line is made in China, that leaves me out, just a personal decision.
I wanted one of these scopes just to test out bc it checked all the boxes that I was looking for in a scope. Saw MIC and walked away.

OP
grfox92

grfox92

WKR
Wanted to bump this to the top.

I am getting ready to buy a fixed SWFA for a rifle, but would prefer variable magnification.

I've never heard anything bad about Burris Scopes, but there is very little written on them by anyone that I would trust. Anyone put one of these through the wringer?

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

I have a Signature HD on a .260 Remington build. I like it for what it is, but once I get done monkeying around with a couple of other builds I have going, that scope is going away and it will get a FFP scope, most likely a SWFA 3-15 Mil-Quad.

I also have a Veracity on a .300 Win Mag Savage. It also does OK for what it is. I really don't like the fact that the "zero stop" that it has restricts the dialing upward and downward, so that you are limited to only one rotation of the elevation dial. Missed on the design there, Burris.

Over the years, I have tried multiple scopes of various flavors (set and forget, dialers, FFP, SFP, etc.) and one thing I don't do is limit myself on price. I decide what I plan on doing with the gun, and then I get the best scope for that application. Sometimes that means spending as much or more on the scope as I did on the gun. Sometimes it means I can spend as little as $300.

Wildhorse

Lil-Rokslider
The signiture HD has proved solid as well as the varasity ph 4x20 which for the price I think is a better buy just in the dope collecting aspect of it glass is the same as the HD and you get the added features the ph has. I've had both the ph and my friends HD mounted on an AR10 308 and 243 a 243 bolt gun 338 win mag 300 weatherby mag 270 weatherby mag 22 30-30 270 30.06 and 4 different ars we've shot from ranges of 25-1250 and have had no dial issues on either scope. Return to zero has been great and the scopes have both held up well we have both been happy with those purchases. The varasity is now sitting no my great uncles 300 weatherby for the rest of this season in his 92 year and he loves that scope.

NickT406

FNG
I had one on a Tikka and while jumping over a log my sling stud broke and the elevation turret had a very direct hard impact on the log. Checked zero and it was still on and shot a deer the next day at 400 yards. Sold gun with scope to my buddy and he has never had to adjust zero in the last 3 years with the same batch of ammo I sold him. After hearing that he's had no issues I bought two more for my Tikkas to try out again after having trouble with leupold vx-5s and vx-3's. I guess time will tell but for me they have worked up to this point.