Has anyone tried the Weatherby Vanguard Accuguard Ibex?

Nailz7

FNG
Has anyone tried the Weatherby Vanguard Accuguard Ibex? Looking to get one in a 30-06 but I can't find much info about them online for reviews.

"Tried" a bunch at the gun store and this one seemed like one of the best. It was between that or a tikka.

It a slight bit heavier but has a nice stainless Barrel and should have less recoil than a tikka. I'm thinking of getting the vortex Diamondback scope to go with it.

Would love your guys, thoughts/ opinions. Cheers

amassi

WKR
It's a heavy rifle but like most howa/vanguard should be very accurate.
The tikka will also be accurate, have a nicer; action, trigger, magazine, barrel. And a touch more recoil due to the weight.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

OP
N

Nailz7

FNG
Thanks for the info guys. I ended up getting the wilderness in a 30-06 because it was significantly lighter and I put a vortex viper scope on it. I was back and forth between the 2 and I liked the Ibex, but the weight for me was a deal-breaker. Anyone on here have a wilderness on here in a 30-06, and if so.. how do you like it?😊

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I had a backcountry in 30-06, it was a great rifle. I wish I didn’t trip it to a buddy. I get some comfort knowing that guy has dropped some good moose with it though.

Vanguards are cool guns, they don’t get as much love on rokslide because they aren’t that light and they aren’t tikkas but they are accurate guns. Years ago when me and my dad got deep into pronghorn hunting, I had a vanguard in 257wby and my dad had a MKV in 240wby. I had a 4.5-14 leupold on mine and that thing was like a laser (at least it seemed like it to me). Sounds sort of lame but I have a lot of memories of hunting with my pops and a deep love of weatherby rifles. He couldn’t walk past a decent deal ona weatherby, 340, 378, loves them.

dv8pnt

FNG
I had a backcountry in 30-06, it was a great rifle. I wish I didn’t trip it to a buddy. I get some comfort knowing that guy has dropped some good moose with it though.

Vanguards are cool guns, they don’t get as much love on rokslide because they aren’t that light and they aren’t tikkas but they are accurate guns. Years ago when me and my dad got deep into pronghorn hunting, I had a vanguard in 257wby and my dad had a MKV in 240wby. I had a 4.5-14 leupold on mine and that thing was like a laser (at least it seemed like it to me). Sounds sort of lame but I have a lot of memories of hunting with my pops and a deep love of weatherby rifles. He couldn’t walk past a decent deal ona weatherby, 340, 378, loves them.
I have 3 vanguards. All shoot great with factory ammo.

sndmn11

WKR
Any comments you guys can give me, or anything I should be aware of would be awesome. Cheers
I think we have four vanguards, mine being the 30-06 wilderness.

They seem to rust on par with most other blued rifles. We put timney's in all of ours but had to relieve the stock some to get the safety lever working right. I do 65inlbs on the action screws. They are plenty accurate, I have seen above box velocity from all.

OP
N

Nailz7

FNG
I think we have four vanguards, mine being the 30-06 wilderness.

They seem to rust on par with most other blued rifles. We put timney's in all of ours but had to relieve the stock some to get the safety lever working right. I do 65inlbs on the action screws. They are plenty accurate, I have seen above box velocity from all.
How's the recoil on your gun? Again, thanks for the info

Overdrive

WKR
I like the vanguard models I own 3. My last 2 .....Vanguard II in 257 wthby and Vanguard Meat Eater edtion 6.5-300 wthby are set up with Huskemaw scopes and shoot great all the way out to 1000 yards. I did put Timney triggers in mine as well since I was setting them up for long range I wanted a lighter trigger in the lighter weight rifle's.

Enjoy your new rifle!!!

WormSportsman

Lil-Rokslider
Agree with what others have said. I have a 6.5cr Vanguard first lite and it is one of, if not my most accurate rifle. A little bit heavier then some of my others but the thing shoots lights out even with new shooters. Enjoy your new rifle!

sndmn11

WKR
How's the recoil on your gun? Again, thanks for the info

I have weatherby's brake on it. When my wife and I got married we knew someone at Weatherby and decided to get me this rifle and her a Camilla as wedding presents. They hooked us up with their brake for both rifles at no charge and I don't think I've shot it without.

The rifle I had before it was a Tikka T3 in 30-06 and recoil was fine. I wouldnt worry about a vanguard wilderness in 30-06 either.