Has anyone used this outfitter?

Chiro22

Lil-Rokslider
Won a Goat hunt near Craig, CO with Double H Outfitters, in an auction and wanted to see if anyone has used these outfitters or hunted that area? This will be my first hunt and I'm absolutely thrilled. Working with them to find a date for the 3 day hunt. Any recommendations for what time of year is best to hunt Goats in that area?

Not heard of that outfitter, but hunted near Craig a few times. I assume you mean Pronghorn, those, are everywhere. Should not be too hard to get an opportunity. I've hunted the area, early season and late, makes no difference from what I can tell.

wytx

WKR
Later= big herds and lots of eyeballs looking at you.
You should enjoy the hunt, lots of pronghorn that way.

Oh, and pike in the river.

KHNC

WKR
i have muley hunted craig early several times. Seems like its a pretty solid hunt early season on water. I never hunted them but saw plenty. Just didnt have a tag for that area.

OP
Chiro22

Chiro22

Lil-Rokslider
Later= big herds and lots of eyeballs looking at you.
You should enjoy the hunt, lots of pronghorn that way.

Oh, and pike in the river.

That’s really good to know. Thanks.

OP
Chiro22

Chiro22

Lil-Rokslider
Not heard of that outfitter, but hunted near Craig a few times. I assume you mean Pronghorn, those, are everywhere. Should not be too hard to get an opportunity. I've hunted the area, early season and late, makes no difference from what I can tell.

Thanks and was referring to “speed goat”

I hunted elk with them a couple years ago. I would not recommend them. We had 3 different guides in 5 days. None of which were hunters but guys just trying to make some extra cash during the off season of their main profession. Out of the 6 guys in camp 1 killed a rag horn bull on the last day. We all hunted the same generic area and we spent two days watching a hillside of public ground that they did not have permits for. So if we did kill anything, they weren’t legally allowed to help us get it out.

Rich M

WKR
Go enjoy your hunt - Not sure why post above happened, you said you already paid for the trip via an auction - not cool to make you second guess your trip.

They seem to be a trophy hunting outfit or just talk about 70-inch goats for fun - not a lot of antelope pics there but some nice horns there. Antelope are more visible than other animals and you'll see lots of critters. You should have a fun hunt.

Enjoy yourself. I'd go in a heartbeat.

SPDSpappy

FNG
I booked a hunt w/ them almost 2 years ago and will be doing the trifecta (elk, muley, pronghorn) second season in a couple months. Be happy you won the auction because it wasn’t cheap to pay for out of pocket! ;)

OP
Chiro22

Chiro22

Lil-Rokslider
I booked a hunt w/ them almost 2 years ago and will be doing the trifecta (elk, muley, pronghorn) second season in a couple months. Be happy you won the auction because it wasn’t cheap to pay for out of pocket! ;)
How'd your hunt turn out?