Has it ever been this bad?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I have an 8lb'er of H4350 that I don't want to sell.........unless someone wants to come get it, and is willing to pay for my inconvenience of not having any.......as well as the powder.

Brendan

WKR
I passed on the H4350, bought some recently, and immediately sold it for what I paid locally after trading for everything I needed. Today I could have gotten another 16# of H4350, 8# of Varget, and all sorts of other 1#'ers but decided to pass. Honestly, Powder hasn't been that much of an issue for me yet.

I did get in on the primer drop this morning - SPP, LPP, 209 so already had my fill of Hazmat and shipping charges for one day.

Rob5589

WKR
Sweet maria, trying to get primers is the most frustrating thing in the universe. Been on the natchez site for over an hour trying to check out. I get to the start of the checkout process, get a gateway error which then sends me back to my cart and I have to start over again....I'm assuming everyone is in the same boat so maybe I'll get lucky but good grief!
Now you feel the pain of us non res trying to buy Idaho elk tags :ROFLMAO:

I finally got lucky with primers from PV I got 2k SRP and grabbed 2K SPP in hopes I can trade for SRP or LRP. My LRP from midway showed up today and I have 16 lbs of 4350 one for myself and one for a buddy and a few pounds of 4198, RL26 is all I’m looking for now.

Trial153

WKR
A new large store opened today near me. They were allowing three boxes of ammo if you joined their buys club for a year. 30 membership Total scam.

Regardless there was about 50 guys lined up buying everything they can. Several acting like total assholes. One kept going out to his truck and coming back in, the manager had him at the door and asked him not to and respect the policy. He started cursing and yelling at him after he was asked to leave.
A gentleman that was there with his daughter took issue with his Language and behaviour. It was quite the specitical. Honestly its embarrassing to me be associated with

OP
L

Lawnboi

WKR
Damn missed the primers.
I did get my 8lbs of h4350 in the mail today. I’m set on powder for a while. Could always use a few more primers but overall I still need projectiles and more brass.

Paying hazmat for 1k primers is a kick in the balls but oh well. Local place would only let me buy 400.

I must have checked natchezss and PV minutes before their last primer dumps.. fat chance I can burn through anything but my h1000 supply in the next year but would still like to have the multi year cushion I’ve had for a while..

I must have checked natchezss and PV minutes before their last primer dumps.. fat chance I can burn through anything but my h1000 supply in the next year but would still like to have the multi year cushion I’ve had for a while..

Multi year cushion... while I don’t fault you for doing that, isn’t that the root cause of scarce reloading components?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Multi year cushion... while I don’t fault you for doing that, isn’t that the root cause of scarce reloading components?

The root cause of the panic is the fact that people can buy something and sell it relatively easily for 500% profit.

If you buy components regularly here and there while times are good, a multi year supply happens almost by accident.

hflier

WKR
Classified Approved

No it’s the guys that don’t buy over that cause the problem. I have stocked ammo for years and when this hit I wasn’t one of the guys in line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
The root cause of the panic is the fact that people can buy something and sell it relatively easily for 500% profit.
That's NOT the root cause of the panic........that's the RESULT of the panic. If there was no panic, then supplies wouldn't be selling for that much. Just think what it would be like if half of those sellers "weren't" selling right now.......the available supply would be even less, causing the prices paid (set by the buyers) to be even higher. The sellers don't set the market price, the buyers do.

Roksliding

Lil-Rokslider

nah, I bet there are plenty of people with a years cushion. I know I do, and it isn’t for any reason other than, “well I’m here I might as well buy this I know I’ll use it eventually” when at the store.

The year is 2017 life is good, you buy 50 bullets and 100 primers, and 1lb of powder.... Spill half the primers one morning, forget to close the drain of your powder dispenser next thing you know your back at the store buying more primers and think to yourself, I hate making trips here, I’m just gonna buy like double of what I need. And instead of a 1lb jug it’s pay day week so I’m just going to get a 8lber. And I know I haven’t spilled any bullets yet but that one batch of partitions had quite a bit of deviation so I’m gonna get another box or two just in case...

Fast forward to 2020 -2021 and you, wipe the dust off the price tag of your “unicorn” powder, and read these posts about “www.gotprimers.com has er I mean had primers for 13 seconds today”

KineKilla

WKR
The buying and shortage is exactly like the toilet paper shortage of 2020.

It's a self fulfilling prophecy.

A person thinks "with all of the discord in our society and a democrat taking office, there is likely to be an ammo or component shortage soon." So they buy more supplies than they realistically need.

You get a bunch of people doing this and suddenly those people that were afraid of a shortage have created the shortage. Had they just done business as usual and bought only what they need then supply would have been able to keep up with demand.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

There's also something to be said for buying in bulk so that lot numbers are the same.
I'm getting frustrated with mix and match components.

Once it comes back I'm going to do more bulk buying.
Then liquidate all my outliers.

That's NOT the root cause of the panic........that's the RESULT of the panic. If there was no panic, then supplies wouldn't be selling for that much. Just think what it would be like if half of those sellers "weren't" selling right now.......the available supply would be even less, causing the prices paid (set by the buyers) to be even higher. The sellers don't set the market price, the buyers do.

I agree with you. Mostly. I worded my post poorly. This whole thing gets noticeably better as soon as the buyer stops being willing to pay 500% markup. AKA stops panicking. Once the scalpers market goes away, they leave the game and there’s more on the shelves for the rest of us. Happened with toilet paper and it’s happening with primers.