Has Montana not updated their turkey season for 2022 or am I just stupid?

It says on the fwp site "2022 Turkey Season Dates Spring April 15 – May 31" yet when I look at the regulations pdf the latest hunting date for spring is May 16th. But the pdf also says "2021" at the top. They also direct you to the hunt planner "These dates are provided only as a general reference. Check current regulations or use FWP's online Hunt Planner for specific dates." but it only shows "MONTANA HUNT PLANNER Data is currently unavailable. Please refer to the published regulations." Which just takes you back to general regulations and the hunt planner. Am I missing something? Is the PDF current?

dtrkyman

WKR
Sounds about right for most game agencies, I often see this when researching hunts, do a search for spring turkey and it gives you dates from last season!

Iowa didn't even have a map of the spring turkey units I could find when I was applying!

MTJake

Lil-Rokslider
They should have their turkey stuff updated soon. I forget what the actual date is, but I’ve been checking every couple days to see if they have the new rigs up yet. They release the regulations for different species at different times. I believe the only current 2022 refs they have are for deer, antelope and elk, and moose, sheep, and goat.

OP
W
They should have their turkey stuff updated soon. I forget what the actual date is, but I’ve been checking every couple days to see if they have the new rigs up yet. They release the regulations for different species at different times. I believe the only current 2022 refs they have are for deer, antelope and elk, and moose, sheep, and goat.
I see, I'm planning to bear hunt out there in the middle of May and I figured might as well go for a turkey too if everything works out. I'll watch for it to update then, but like dtrkyman said it's not that surprising. Thanks!

LoneGriz

FNG
When I talked to MT BMA representative about a month ago, she said the 2022 spring turkey season would open on 4/15 this year. I haven’t seen anything yet to confirm that date.

Erict

WKR
The dates are 4/15-5/31 and were adopted during the MT Fish & Wildlife Commission Feb 4, 2022 meeting as below. Seems odd that the dates are set in stone, licenses are for sale but they don't have the info up on their website yet. Some strange testimony during that portion - instead of using the term "firearm" or "implement" they use "weapon" and instead of saying "wounding" turkeys the guy says "damaging" turkeys.

Good luck!

TURKEY

Statewide:
Adjust Spring Turkey Season dates from April 10-May 16 to April 15 – May 31.

Allow use of air rifle as legal means of take of turkeys during the fall season. Air rifles to take fall turkeys
may be a .177 caliber air rifle shooting a pba pellet at least 1250 feet per second or a .22 caliber air rifle
shooting a pba pellet at least 950 feet per second.

Region 4:
Eliminate special drawing Turkey Licenses 400-20 (current quota of 40) & 445-20 (current quota of 40).
Establish a region-wide Region 4 Spring Turkey season that will have statewide season dates and license
requirements.

Eliminate Fall Turkey Season in Region 4.

Region 6 & 7:
Boundary change – Adjust turkey boundaries to align with administrative region boundaries

LoneGriz

FNG
Interesting. How do we get details on boundary changes before the season opener ("
Region 6 & 7: Boundary change – Adjust turkey boundaries to align with administrative region boundaries")? I assume through the update regs... which haven't been published yet.

OP
W
The dates are 4/15-5/31 and were adopted during the MT Fish & Wildlife Commission Feb 4, 2022 meeting as below. Seems odd that the dates are set in stone, licenses are for sale but they don't have the info up on their website yet. Some strange testimony during that portion - instead of using the term "firearm" or "implement" they use "weapon" and instead of saying "wounding" turkeys the guy says "damaging" turkeys.

Good luck!

TURKEY

Statewide:
Adjust Spring Turkey Season dates from April 10-May 16 to April 15 – May 31.

Allow use of air rifle as legal means of take of turkeys during the fall season. Air rifles to take fall turkeys
may be a .177 caliber air rifle shooting a pba pellet at least 1250 feet per second or a .22 caliber air rifle
shooting a pba pellet at least 950 feet per second.

Region 4:
Eliminate special drawing Turkey Licenses 400-20 (current quota of 40) & 445-20 (current quota of 40).
Establish a region-wide Region 4 Spring Turkey season that will have statewide season dates and license
requirements.

Eliminate Fall Turkey Season in Region 4.

Region 6 & 7:
Boundary change – Adjust turkey boundaries to align with administrative region boundaries
Thanks so much! Great info thanks for posting that.