Hatch bipod vs spartan

I’m currently running a primos rapid pivot bi pod on all my rifles, it leaves a lot to be desired. I’ve had the sling swivel stud fail. The y yolk rubber part failed as well.
I’m looking to upgrade to either the hatch bipod or Spartan. I’d like something that I can use hunting coyotes as well as big game. I like the idea that the Spartan will pan and cant but I’m fairly certain that its to short for sitting down calling coyotes even with the leg extensions.
The tall hatch model seems to be a better fit for adjustability but lacks the pan feature which is pretty slick while calling coyotes. My rifle will be used 50/50 on predators and a backcountry rifle. Looking for real life experience of both setups as well as others.

I love my Spartan precision javelin lite. The magnetic quick detach is legit and I have the adapter as the normal sling stud one as well as the mlok one. So I can use the bipod on either system. I have the adjustable legs in route in the mail currently, for sidehill shots. I love the system man honestly. Not much play on the bipod either when set up. You can change feet out, add longer legs, the works. One of their new tripods even doubles as a trekking pole. The guy that owns the company responds all the time to questions. Just a great product in my opinion.

OP
Dinglebottoms
Thanks a bunch I appreciate it, going to have to look at them a little harder and try to decide which one I want the most.
I love my Spartan precision javelin lite. The magnetic quick detach is legit and I have the adapter as the normal sling stud one as well as the mlok one. So I can use the bipod on either system. I have the adjustable legs in route in the mail currently, for sidehill shots. I love the system man honestly. Not much play on the bipod either when set up. You can change feet out, add longer legs, the works. One of their new tripods even doubles as a trekking pole. The guy that owns the company responds all the time to questions. Just a great product in my opinion.

With the interested features you laid out it sounds like the new Rok-Stedi bipod may be of interest. Been a couple years in development and about to hit production so no personal experience yet from me. Designed by a respected guide in AZ, and all the features tick the box. He specifically hunts both big game and predator and has designed it around being flexible in as many situations as possible.

I personally have the hatch, and do very much enjoy it. I will be interested in getting my hands on the Rok-Stedi soon to see if it gives an edge.

mlob1one

WKR
This is my first year using the Spartan Javelin Pro Hunt TAC bipod with the long legs. I've got setups for a pic rail & the regular rifle adapters.

It's replaced 3 other bipod setups I've used and it's incredible. From long range with my chassis 300wm, to hunting, to plinking with the kids, it's outstanding. The magnet holds and is a very stable platform. It's super light, and one of its best features is how easily it swaps to other platforms.

Like I said, still new to me, but here it is on my Christensen MPR for my doe antelope hunt a few weeks ago in Central UT.
1ec2ec076265da221d37bf8203123c5d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Hard to beat versatility of hatch. Especially since connect and dis-connect quickness is about as quick as javelin, but don’t have to change legs out

Patton

Lil-Rokslider
Another perk of going the Spartan route is that you can also get the Spartan tripod head and have an additional option. My rifle, spotter, and binos can now all mount on the same tripod with out changing any parts/adapters.

Fitzwho

WKR
I use the Spartan Javelin Bipod and the Davros Head. I use an Outdoorsmans Pistol Grip head and a quick release panner to switch between the pistol grip and the Davros head on the tripod.

I use the Spartan Javelin Bipod and the Davros Head. I use an Outdoorsmans Pistol Grip head and a quick release panner to switch between the pistol grip and the Davros head on the tripod.
Same here. Spartan bipod when shooting prone as allowed. If need to be taller than my frame pack I use the Davros Head on my tripod. Spartan also has a little adapter mount that screws into Outdoorsman bino mount, so that too can be put on the Davros