Hate superfeet greens, what's your favorite after-market insole?

I have very high arches, and therefore bought superfeet greens awhile back as per the recommendation of tons of foks. I've hunted in them a few times trying to break them in, and I HATE them. They're horrible for my feet. It feels like the arch support is in the wrong spot, and are extremely uncomfortable. I'd much rather hunt in sandals then ever use those things again. That being said, I'm still convinced that improved arch support is a critical piece of equipment that will not only improve your comfort level, but also effectiveness in the back country. What are y'all using besides superfeet?

Top147

Lil-Rokslider
What’s the difference between an insole and a orthotic?

Are people buying superfeet for insoles? If you have foot/back/walking problems, orthotics could be your answer, I would then suggest a custom orthotic. But if need to just take some room up on your boot or need a more “plush” step then an insole should be right.

Please correct me if I am wrong, no doctor here. I went to buy superfeet but was sent away by sales and told to search for a footbed insert..

OP
carsonkeys
What’s the difference between an insole and a orthotic?

Are people buying superfeet for insoles? If you have foot/back/walking problems, orthotics could be your answer, I would then suggest a custom orthotic. But if need to just take some room up on your boot or need a more “plush” step then an insole should be right.

Please correct me if I am wrong, no doctor here. I went to buy superfeet but was sent away by sales and told to search for a footbed insert..
You bring up a really great question/point that I don't know the answer to...maybe that's my issue.

My favorite is the Lathrop & Sons Synergy footbed. They are very comfortable for my feet. Then again, I have medium arches and it sounds like you may need a little more arch support.

I have tried SF Greens. Like you, I found the arch to be positioned in a weird spot that didn't quite align right with my fee.

bracer40

Lil-Rokslider
I had a podiatrist recommend Sof Soles to me. This was after not getting the relief I’d hoped for with Superfeet (I’d tried several colors over the years). It’s been several years now and I run multiple shoes with their soles.

quent

Lil-Rokslider
As I got older my arches started to fall and moved me up in boot size. The SF carbon worked well for me. Didn't much like the green.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

rm06

WKR
I used the greens for a while but they really lack for any type of cushion. My feet have also grown almost a full size as well due to falling arches in the last 10 years so my need for high arch support insoles isn't really much of a need any longer.

That said, I use and like the Lathrop and Sons insoles. I was fitted for orthotics at one point due to my high arches and promptly after I got them my arches started to fall.

fiskeri1

Lil-Rokslider
One option that's worked for me (also with high arches) are heat-moldable insoles that some running stores carry. They custom form it in the store for you, typically for less than a hundred bucks.

For something more off-the-shelf, Sole insoles have also done ok for my feet and have different thickness options. The newer cork versions are kind of fragile though so you've gotta be careful taking them in and out of shoes.

sako75

FNG
I have very high arches when I was getting orthotics the guy told me that I had the highest arches he had seen. I use the Sole brand of mouldable inserts. I do not heat them I use them as they come and they are more comfortable than the orthotics that were made for me. Just letting you know to try before you heat them up might be worth trying it made all the difference for me

roundegg

FNG
I'm using the kennetrek cushion insoles and they're by far the best for hot spots. I have fairly high arches and never had arch pain with them

quent

Lil-Rokslider
I used the greens for a while but they really lack for any type of cushion. My feet have also grown almost a full size as well due to falling arches in the last 10 years so my need for high arch support insoles isn't really much of a need any longer.

That said, I use and like the Lathrop and Sons insoles. I was fitted for orthotics at one point due to my high arches and promptly after I got them my arches started to fall.
I'm going to have give them a try. They just seem super pricey. I don't have much issues with the carbons but a little edge in better insoles couldn't hurt.

I’m using the blue superfeet in my crispis, but I don’t have extremely high arches to begin with. Before I swapped insoles my feet would kill me for 2 days after a hike, now I have zero issues with them. I believe the orange superfeet are for high arches, maybe give those a try? Seems like lots of people like those.

Just FIY superfeet insoles are on amazon prime wardrobe. So you can order every color with no money up front and send back the ones that don’t work out. Or all of them. It’s a good way to find your color. They just bill you for what you keep.

Mike 338

WKR
Easy answer. Superfeet Blue's.

Most people have an average arch. The green is a high arch. A high arch/high heel, is great on level ground to distribute weight/pressure off the heel and move it evenly along the entire bottom of the foot but on very uneven ground or just walking straight up a hill where you only on the ball of your foot, I've found it stabs your arch. Also, if your between sizes on semi-custom insoles, put a sample of each size on the ground and stand on them. One will feel noticeably better and will have a better fit through the arch. That's the one to buy. Just trim the toe area with a scissors if it's to long. I just picked up a pair of Blue's. I wear a 10.5 but got the size that goes up to 12 because the arch area laid into arch of my foot way better. I'll just trim out the toe area to get it into the boot. The size smaller that would seem to be the right one, had an arch area that started to close to the heel. Have scissors, will travel!

I bought some Superfeet Green's a long time ago. Tore my feet up.

Cng

Lil-Rokslider
Powerstep Orrhotics!!!

Everyone recommended Superfeet for a running insole. I tried them all in store but just wasn’t getting the arch support I needed. Went with blue Powerstep orthotics because they felt better. The arches ended up feeling a little high for my running shoes, so I put them in my hiking boots and holy crap was that a game changer for me. I give them the highest gear recommendation I can. I’m serious. I’d do a commercial for them if I could.

I know everyone’s feet are different, so this won’t apply to everyone, but here is the highest praise I can give: I put the Powersteps in an old pair of hikers I had. Wore them for a while. Got my first nice pair of nice heavy duty boots, a pair of Asolos. Put the Powersteps in there and broke them in. Put maybe 500 or so miles in them after break in, then did a very long thru-hike of just under 1,000 miles. When I finished, I threw those Asolos away because they had all but rotted from the constant sweat. Seems were torn out. Stuff was peeling off. They were a wreck. But before I threw them away, you better believe I pulled out those Powersteps.

Once I got the stink out of them, I put them in my brand spanking new Schnee’s, where they are still going strong today. They may have over 3,000 miles on them by now. I have since bought another pair for my everyday shoes just because I feel I owe it to the company.

Like I said, that’s about the highest gear recommendation I can offer!

chindits

WKR
I wear blues. The dude at rei said just put various colors on the floor and stand on them. Go with the most comfortable.

I had greens in Iraq and came back with plantar fasciitis. A lot of time on hard pavement carrying a fair amount of weight. Blues in A-Stan with similar weight but less pavement time and no issues to this day. Winter time their felt soles do me fine.

rm06

WKR
I'm going to have give them a try. They just seem super pricey. I don't have much issues with the carbons but a little edge in better insoles couldn't hurt.

They are indeed pricey. The good thing is I don't ever think about them in the backcountry other than to remove them from my boots at night - I guess that means they're doing their job effectively. I'm willing to invest in such things that make life easier in the field.

Btaylor

WKR
I have very high arches, and therefore bought superfeet greens awhile back as per the recommendation of tons of foks. I've hunted in them a few times trying to break them in, and I HATE them. They're horrible for my feet. It feels like the arch support is in the wrong spot, and are extremely uncomfortable. I'd much rather hunt in sandals then ever use those things again. That being said, I'm still convinced that improved arch support is a critical piece of equipment that will not only improve your comfort level, but also effectiveness in the back country. What are y'all using besides superfeet?

Arch on the greens were too far towards my heel, felt real uncomfortable. Ended up with one called master something or another will have to check when I get home. Good high arch support and in the exact right position for my feet.