Hate to beat a dead horse here...OTC unit questions regarding stats

Bar

Banned
You have no problem with Chalk Creek. Were you planning to go to Taylor Park too?

Tejasbow

FNG
yes sir. We camp at chalk creek or mount Princeton camp ground. Which ever one is right across from Agnes falls trail head.

Either way. Yes my favorite fishing is over around Taylor. Texas Creek a few miles above Taylor is my absolute favorite. If I hit it just right, where a couple of the smaller creeks hit Taylor the cut throat can be stacked.

Bar

Banned
If you have a good 4wd vehicle you can get to Taylor Park by going up the trail from St Elmo to Tincup, but it's pretty rough.

Tejasbow

FNG
yeah I've been across Tincup. I like to fish and just getting to and from would eat up half my day. I will just fish Chalk and maybe the headwaters up by leadville if I want to stand shoulder to shoulder with folks. :(

Tejasbow

FNG
yikes

We head up about the same time every year. Usually the water is just calming as I get there, but I know there was a lot of snow this year.

Bar

Banned
I'll drive over there and take a look for you today. You fish above the waterfall right?

wildcat33

WKR
East half was already paved, so paving the other half shouldn't make much of a difference. IMO Taylor park has gone to crap anyway and it has nothing to do with the road surface.

Tejasbow

FNG
yeah wildcat the ATV traffic is out of hand over there.

I fish from right there near chalk lake all the way to about the turn off to hancock. Also so below there near wrights lake.

Bar

Banned
yeah wildcat the ATV traffic is out of hand over there.

I fish from right there near chalk lake all the way to about the turn off to hancock. Also so below there near wrights lake.

I just got back. It's blown out all the way to St Elmo. It might improve, but there's still some snow up there and we've had above normal temps lately. You could get lucky. I normally don't even bother with Chalk Creek until the 2nd week in July, but I don't like any runoff left when I go there.

Thomas11

WKR
If you have a good 4wd vehicle you can get to Taylor Park by going up the trail from St Elmo to Tincup, but it's pretty rough.
I've elk hunted this area a couple times! I assume the pass your referring to is Cottonwood. I went thru there last year and it was open. Big country!

Bar

Banned
I've elk hunted this area a couple times! I assume the pass your referring to is Cottonwood. I went thru there last year and it was open. Big country!

It's not open this year and possibly next year too. This year they're paving the Gunnison side and it will be closed for that all year. Next year they're repaving the east side. That shouldn't be as big a project and i'm hoping it will be done late summer sometime so the pass will be open for hunting seasons. This year I can get to the top of the pass from BV, but that's as far as we can go. Better than nothing. I have a few spots on the pass.

Thomas11

WKR
It's not open this year and possibly next year too. This year they're paving the Gunnison side and it will be closed for that all year. Next year they're repaving the east side. That shouldn't be as big a project and i'm hoping it will be done late summer sometime so the pass will be open for hunting seasons. This year I can get to the top of the pass from BV, but that's as far as we can go. Better than nothing. I have a few spots on the pass.
I wanted to pack in from the turn out right after u go thru the pass on the taylor side. And drop down into the texas creek drainage area in the wilderness but I didnt. I figured not many ppl would do that but I ended hunting on a past taylor reservoir in the wilderness and got into some elk. Just wasn't a lot of bugling the last week there thus past yr

Bar

Banned
Once both sides are paved and the tight hairpins widened with guardrails added the traffic is going to double. Maybe triple. I liked the old dangerous pot-holed dirt road. It kept traffic down. Now, everybody will be going that way.

Bar

Banned
I agree. Imagine what it will be like paved. It will be flooded with motorhomes.