Hats for People with Small Heads

wannabemtnman

Lil-Rokslider
I'm looking for a couple new hunting/outdoor hats. The good Lord has blessed me with a smaller than average head so most regular hats either come down too low and push out my ears or I have to tighten down the back strap so much it's a PIA. I don't wear flat bills because I can't and I won't. I do have a couple Ahead breathable golf hats that fit well and I recently found a sitka ascent hat that fits but that's all I've been able to find lately. Anyone have recommendations for shallower hats?

I recently walked into a store and saw a nice red Sitka hat that I tried on and was shocked when I had to make it bigger. Turns out that was a youth hat... I'll go that direction if I need to but figured I'd check on here first, I'm know I'm not the only one with this situation but any feedback is appreciated.

scfreeman66

Lil-Rokslider
Exact opposite blessing (problem). My mellon is XL...
Richardson hats are the best quality that there is. If you can find one that fits you, buy a couple... they are worth it

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo maxx(XT1955DL) using Tapatalk

pk_

WKR
I laughed when I read this title because I have the exact same problem. It is very hit or miss with me being able to find a hat that fits my head. I think it’s the FlexFit S/M size fits me well, hard to find in stores tho.

They are either too wide, like I can slide multiple fingers up between the hat and where my ‘temples’ are and/or the front of the hat is too deep like I can pull the thing all the way down over my eyes otherwise it sits way too high above my forehead.

So I have no good answer for you, but the struggle is real.😂

Grizzly83

FNG
Kuiu icon pro is a low crown hat that has structure to it.
So it’s not a tall stove pipe flat bill hat and it’s not a shallow flimsy crown golf hat. It’s right in the middle.

jester87

Lil-Rokslider
At 22” 55cm I look for hats that are low profile and unstructured. They fit my head better. Check out Kuiu’s Icon hat. I’m loving the fit. Most negative reviews are complaints its too small. I tried their pro model but found the full structure too deep. They also have a youth icon which would fit even smaller.

OP
wannabemtnman

wannabemtnman

Lil-Rokslider
I knew I wasn't the only one out there with this problem as I've got one or two buddies who share a good hat when we find it, one friend swear by a specific yeti hat that fits his small noggin well, but I haven't tried it on yet to confirm.

Sounds like some solid support for the Kuiu Icon, one of those will definitely be getting picked up!

I try to find unstructured hats as well, otherwise it looks like I have a forehead the size of the great wall and the wind will take that sucker somewhere it'll never be seen again.

Appreciate the info everyone.

Jdutton24

Lil-Rokslider
My head measure 6 7/8. My favorite hunting hat is kuiu icon hat. I havent tried the pro version. The regular icon is very thin and breathes well. I always have to take a shower with a new hat and wash my hair through it., then stand under fan and walk back to mirror and shape it as it dries to get most hats to look even halfway decent. Rogue american hats fit decent. Its pathetic trying to find smaller hats for sure

OP
wannabemtnman

wannabemtnman

Lil-Rokslider
Sad day, ordered a couple icon hats and the profile is still too deep for me and pushes my ears out. back to the drawing board.

I've seen a couple smaller guys wearing these, not sure who makes them though. Really popular around my neighborhood ;)

Attachments

• 20200620_103300.jpg
    20200620_103300.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 10

Grizzly83

FNG
If your peanut is too small for the icon hat then I’d find some youth hats and run with those. Don’t worry about it being a youth cap.... if it fits then it fits, everything else is noise.

Squirrels

WKR
I’m with you OP. Richardson 115 for the win all day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk