Haul road 2020 covid effects

Cowbell

WKR
Planning on hunting the Haul Rd in late August. Are any bans going to be in place that might restrict travel at that time based on what we know today? I have heard many villages are shut down to nonresident travel.

Nykki

Lil-Rokslider
You're not going to be able to drive to any villages other than Coldfoot and Wiseman at that time of year. Not much in either place.

looks like now the 14 day quarantine is lifted, but you must show proof of a negative covid test within 72 hours of your departure. If not, they will give you one but you will have to wait for results to be released on your way. Either that or you can still do the 14 day quarantine I believe. Hopefully this is all done by fall and no worries of travel restrictions.

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
currently (June) the quarantine is lifted but non-alaskans have to have proof of testing within 48 hours of travel to Alaska. Not many cancellations that ive heard about with hunting logistics, so i'd plan to kick it along the Sag this year!

OP
C

Cowbell

WKR
currently (June) the quarantine is lifted but non-alaskans have to have proof of testing within 48 hours of travel to Alaska. Not many cancellations that ive heard about with hunting logistics, so i'd plan to kick it along the Sag this year!
Thanks Larry - I'm the guy that just rented a PR-49 from you.

VernAK

WKR
There's been a Covid spike in cases but mostly in South Central and on the Ferry System.....North of the Alaska Range things are nearly back to routine.