Hauling a Ground Blind for Turkey Hunting

weisenbu

Lil-Rokslider
Hi Everyone. I need some advice/input from those of you with more experience.

I like to run-n-gun for turkeys when I hunt by myself and take the bare minimums along. However, I am going turkey hunting in a few weeks with my 2 kids and therefore need to take a ground blind (I don't normally turkey hunt with a ground blind but find the kids do much better in a blind). I also need to carry some chairs, decoys, misc supplies, and 2 shotguns. I just got an Exo3500 and want to use that to haul my gear. Any thoughts on how to load it up other than just strap the blind, chairs, and decoys to the outside of the pack and put the misc supplies inside? I might need to put the blind and chairs between the bag and frame to keep the weight as close to me as possible.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks!

I attach a "blind bucket" to Kifaru frame and strap on the top on my Kifaru. Was part of the blind pack that was out for a while. You could do the same. There is a $7 one on ebay with Mathews logo. Great deal.

Reload

Lil-Rokslider
Another option is to consider a cart. Whether a unicycle or dual wheel cart, the contents you are referring to carrying is cumbersome at best. Bringing all of the essentials is vital for kids to enjoy the experience without sacrificing needed items. I've used carts meant to haul deer out, or also used for hauling waterfowl decoys. These carts have their place whenever hauling in spring essentials for the kids to enjoy what turkey hunting has to offer. Good luck in your quest!

OP
weisenbu

weisenbu

Lil-Rokslider
Interesting. Thanks for the reply. How does the bucket work? Does it attach to the bottom of your frame and then you place the blind in the bucket while using the pack lashing straps to hold the top of the blind against your back? Any chance you have a pic? I’m not sure how I’d attach the bucket to my frame. I appreciate your input!

Another option is to consider a cart. Whether a unicycle or dual wheel cart, the contents you are referring to carrying is cumbersome at best. Bringing all of the essentials is vital for kids to enjoy the experience without sacrificing needed items. I've used carts meant to haul deer out, or also used for hauling waterfowl decoys. These carts have their place whenever hauling in spring essentials for the kids to enjoy what turkey hunting has to offer. Good luck in your quest!

Good reminder, we also use pull golf club carts especially antelope hunting. Bolted a 5 gallon bucket to bottom plate for blind bucket. Goodwill is full of these.....

OP
weisenbu

weisenbu

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the cart idea! I’ve heard others use an old golf pull cart too. That is an option but requires me to have more “stuff” sitting in my garage for the 360 days a year it isn’t being used! :)

Why does that happen when replying? I can post photos fine when initiating a thread. PM me your cell number and I will text pic

OP
weisenbu

weisenbu

Lil-Rokslider
PM sent. Thanks everyone for the replies! I’m open to any other ideas others may have as well!

MattB

WKR
Kifaru's new style grab it and top lid work great for me. Not sure if either is compatible with your frame.