Havalon Talon? Anybody tried them? like them?

rbljack

WKR
So there is a newer havalon kit out there called the talon system. The two that ive seen are the kit that rolls up and the Talon Hip Holster which looks to be a lighter weight backcountry option. Anybody tried these sets? Looking for opinions, reviews, etc. I did a search on here and didn't find much about them....so lets hear it. Good/bad/ or ugly. curious to know the weight of the roll up kit with blades in it, and the weight of the hip holster set with blades in it too for comparisons.

I have not. After having some blade retention issues with my original havalon (it was dropping its blade at least once per animal, havalon did a pin exchange) if I was going to upgrade to bigger, proprietary disposable blades, I would be looking for something with a more solid retention.

Boudreaux

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Havalon Talon system an most all of the different blades as well as the Oudoor Edge razor max series. It isn’t the lightest thing on the planet, but you do get a pretty good options of blades including some filet blades that actually have some flex to them for deboning. The knife is pretty easy to clean, as it comes apart, so you can clean the working parts of the knife. I am not a fan of the handle, it has some hard corners on it and is hard plastic which is a little more uncomfortable.