Have any of you ever been to a Scheels

crumy

WKR
I went to Scheels in Sandy, Utah today while I was traveling for work. That place is HUGE and has a so much stuff. I was amazed that they had Crispi boots and Kenenetreks. I got to try them on side by side. just wondering if any of you had been to one. I had never heard about them until now.

Jim

Im in reno nv and our scheels is awesome! I bought my first compound bow from them.

Rocky

WKR
Yep, they usually have a good selection of products and people that know what they are talking about working....always a plus

Drelk

FNG
I was in that scheels last week while the kids were on spring break. I have never seen so much stuff. A lot of it high quality. I went to the cabelas a little south of there the same day and was shocked at how little stuff cabelas had. Hell scheels even had a Ferris wheel in the store

OP
crumy

crumy

WKR
I agree drelk. They had done good stuff. They did appear to be a dollar or two higher on the stuff I was looking at but they had it I was impressed with their rifle and bow shops

2ski

WKR
I used to like the Scheels in Billings, until they built a new one in Great Falls thats bigger and nicer. Now they're building a new one in Billings that will be bigger than all but three of the Cabelas in the nation. I can't wait. And Scheels seems to have decent Black Friday deals. Most sporting goods stores have cheap stuff on sale, that they just make cheaper. Junk.

T43

Lil-Rokslider
I was in the Sandy store a few weeks ago the guns and bows they had in stock were impressive but we were looking for broadheads and wanted to check out some packs. The broadhead selection was sparse and they didn't have a pack bigger than 2500 ci and if memory serves it was a Fieldline. I got the impression of a big walmart geared at sporting goods. We found a much better pack selection at the Sportsmans warehouse and they were cheaper. The staff did seem to know what they were talking about and I didn't get the standard "we never know what we will get until the truck shows up on Friday" answer when I asked about the powder they had on display. The guy I was with did find a good deal on some Russell shirts and I will probably take my kids next time we go down there.

Crumy, that specific scheels is my favorite. It's easy to get lost in. I personally like it better then the lehi cabelas. It's not as far from SLC and has everything in there. I went to the one in Rapid City a couple weeks ago and while it was smaller it was equally impressive. Most of the people there know what they are talking about.

jmez

WKR
We have one in Rapid City. Nice stores with quality stuff. As for the packs. they tend to be seasonal on that type of thing. Closer to the hunting season they will have more packs on hand.

They are about $5 cheaper on items than Cabelas across the board. We have both here. They have a great camping section as well. All kinds of lightweight stuff.

I've been to the one in Great Falls, MT and loved it. It was a stop over during a gopher trip a couple years ago and I ended up buying a hornady reloading setup and my buddy blew a ton of money on ammo and a scope . They had good prices and a great selection . I was drooling over the Cooper rifles .

I buy all my bows from Scheels. I pretty much have only them work on my bow. Being from the Midwest I have been lucky enough to have shopped in there stores for 25 years.

aron

WKR
I use to work at one throughout college. It is probably the best selection for sporting good stuff here but their camping department is lacking on the higher end light weight items which is probably expected for area. It is great place to get bows worked on and trust the person doing the work.

I agree with aron, scheels is a good store. But there online sales lacks alittle bit. With not showing alot of products. But is a awsome store thats where I do all my shopping,people working there are very knowledgeable in there respected departments.

huntography

Lil-Rokslider
@crumy - How did the Crispi s compare to the Kenetreks? Which Crispi did you try on?

Been really interested in the Hunters and Idaho's but no one carries them locally here in my neck of the woods in Northern Colorado.

I'd love to compare then to the Kenetreks which I did try in and they felt really good but I felt as if my heel was slipping in them.

Have you tried the Zamberlan Sellas? Those are amazing but cost $500.

Rudy

OP
crumy

crumy

WKR
@crumy - How did the Crispi s compare to the Kenetreks? Which Crispi did you try on?

Been really interested in the Hunters and Idaho's but no one carries them locally here in my neck of the woods in Northern Colorado.

I'd love to compare then to the Kenetreks which I did try in and they felt really good but I felt as if my heel was slipping in them.

Have you tried the Zamberlan Sellas? Those are amazing but cost $500.

Rudy
I tried the hunters on vs mountain extreme. The kennetrek were like wearing big blocks to me but Crispi felt really good. I wear a 9 in shoe but with a thick wool sock I go with 9.5 boots. The guy gave me a 10 in the Crispi because he said they run small. I think it was a good fit.

With the kennetrek I tried on 9 and 9.5 the The 9 was too small with sock and the 9.5 was good fit width and length but my heel did slip more than the crispi and more than I liked. I do understand now what people are saying about the sole on the kennetrek being STIFF.

I have ruled out kennetrek and now I have narrowed it down to Crispi and Hanwags. Scheels in Sandy has their the Crispi's marked to 379 from 479

I have not tried the Zamberlan boot.

huntography

Lil-Rokslider
That's good intel on the sizing of the boots. Thank you! That's why it's so hard to pull the trigger on buying boots online without trying them on and comparing.

That's a great price on the Hunter! I wish I had a Scheels near me.

Rudy