Have Browning x-bolt pro .300 wsm Need rifle Optic

I picked up the X-bolt pro 300wsm earlier this year, and put on Leupold VX-5HD 3-15x 44mm. Love it! Seems like they were made for each other, added the factory custom turret, included, works perfect!

OP
litework

litework

FNG
Journeyman,

What mounting system did you go with? I am looking into a 35mm tube and it has limited options.

Swarovski Z series have great glass, is lightweight, but has limited elevation adjustment. This will be a limitation on your 300 WSM if you ever want to stretch its legs. I personally have not had any issues with tracking with my Z5 (3.5-18).

Vortex Razor HD LH is a great scope. It has very nice glass and is lightweight. There's enough elevation to allow you to stretch your 300 WSM's legs. The main drawback is lack of zero stop. I personally have not had any issues with tracking on my 2 (3-15). One on a Tikka T1X (17 HMR) and another on a Savage Lightweight Hunter (308 Win). I have a third collecting dust as I replaced it with a VX6-HD (see below).

Leupold VX5-HD and VX6-HD are great options. Very nice glass, zero lock, and plenty of elevation to stretch your 300 WSM's legs. I personally have not had any issues with tracking on my VX6-HD (3-18x50). It sits on a Tikka T3X (300 Win Mag).

AnchorF22

WKR
Personally, if you're looking to explore the full range of the .300 wsm, I like to mount something in the teens for magnification. Yes, you can get by with a 9 or 10x, but going to 12, 15, or 18x isn't overkill for that caliber and those distances. If you're looking for a scope in the price range that most would consider "appropriate" for a rifle of that quality and price, and based on the previous comments, here are a few to try out:

1. Schmidt & Bender Zenith 3-12x50 FD9 reticle
2. Swarovski Z5 3-18x44 BRH reticle (or even Z3 4-23x50)
3. Zeiss Conquest HD5 or V4 in 3-15 or 4-16 w/ ballistic reticle
4. Leupold VX-5 HD 3-15x44 (plenty of reticle options)

ChrisAU

WKR
I love my 3-9x42 SWFA for up to 500 yards, which I'm not taking shots on game past that. Past that I would like some more x's.

Also I have a fixed 6x on another rifle and while I've only shot it to 300 so far I've been pleasantly surprised how well I can shoot it at just 6x. You get up behind and it and look at the target and you shoot without fiddling with the magnification.

scooter25

FNG
I've got a 300WSM and put the Sig Sauer Sierra BDX 6.5-20X52. I have been very happy with it.
The ballistic calculation works great out to 650yds. That's the longest I have been able to accurately stretch it so far. I put the accuracy issue past 650 on me. I need to work on my shooting and I think I can get the full 800yds the system claims it is good for. I like this system because there is no worry if the scope it really tracking with each click of the turret. It is all in the reticle so you hold at the illuminated dot. The price is reasonable too.

OP
litework

litework

FNG
Fella's I really appreciate a everyones input thus far. Again this is a whole new ball of wax for me. Still haven't made a decision but am in no rush and would like to see this conversation go further if people feel so inclined.
Thanks!

I would do either the VX5HD, VX6HD, or the razor LHT. All weigh around 19oz depending on the model you choose. I have all three. They all great scopes.

OP
litework

litework

FNG
I have the one of VXHD and what I do not like about it is that the top turret does not lock into place. So it can be bumped. I am in the process of removing my rail and mounting either Talley Low or Med 30mm to bring down line of sight.