Have shot show you tubers become characters of themselves?

Wyomuleskinner

Lil-Rokslider
Been looking for good shot show videos. I haven’t found any! But they all seem so cliche. Basically the same thing in every single video. It got me thinking what the booth people think of them?

WCB

WKR
Youtubers, writers, bloggers....all the same. Being in the industry I can tell you very few and by very few I mean very very very few actually know what they are talking about. It gets old answering the same questions over and over knowing that it is most likely going in one ear and out the other... It has gotten worse with everyone having a youtube channel or having "followers".

I actually can not believe how many people follow some if not most of these Youtubers/instagramers and believe half of what they say.

ODB

WKR
Yup. The social media stuff is a mess. It’s largely simulacrum now.

I spent some time with a guy who hosted one of the most popular Instagram “stars,” she has millions of followers. But in order to create all of those “natural”, “just living my life” shots, she had a team of about a dozen people following her around. Yet she posts as if it’s just her traveling the world snapping random pics on her phone. And people buy it hook, line, and sinker.

Funny, I was looking at the meateater website and noticed a few click-baity changes they made. Every story preview now ends in a way that makes the reader want to...

Mike 338

WKR
It seems like a little success is like a drug. It's not long before these guys are over the top. They're entertaining for a moment but before long they get filed in the "can't relate" category. Shot Show should be called the "Don't have, won't have" Show.

16Bore

WKR
Uhm like I just like wanna be a vlogger? And like just be like myself and share my like perspective?

Tsoooo today? I’m like here? Like looking at like the new Tikka T4 and talking to like Sven. This rifle is like cool. Like really cool? So like I’m gonna ask Sven a question.

Sven?

Sven?......hey Sven....Sven.

“Huh?”

So like I see the new T4 and it’s like cool and stuff? Could you like tell me more?

“Spergan bergan fergan dergan shergan lergan, 30-06, denergan wirgan birgan”

Oh.....Uhm, like OK cool.

ODB

WKR
Uhm like I just like wanna be a vlogger? And like just be like myself and share my like perspective?

Tsoooo today? I’m like here? Like looking at like the new Tikka T4 and talking to like Sven. This rifle is like cool. Like really cool? So like I’m gonna ask Sven a question.

Sven?

“Huh?”

So like I see the new T4 and it’s like cool and stuff? Could you like tell me more?

Did Tikka hire the Swedish chef??

mt100gr.

WKR

Sven?

“Huh?”

Pretty much nailed it. Lately my pet peeve is caliber vs CARTRIDGE!!! (or chambering)

Like, what's the best caliber for ??....

Even manufacturers are accomodating this.....I just bite my thumb usually, as I know what they're TRYING to say.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I was at the Christensen Arms booth last year. They were doing a video interview. The YT star stated several times the 6.5 Creedmoor was the same as the 6.5 PRC. After being corrected, he argued that CA was wrong. It was awesome!

No one from Rokslide attended the shit show this year.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mt100gr.

WKR
I was at the Christensen Arms booth last year. They were doing a video interview. The YT star stated several times the 6.5 Creedmoor was the same as the 6.5 PRC. After being corrected, he argued that CA was wrong. It was awesome!

It's getting pretty wild! More than once I have heard the geniuses at gun counters rattling on "selling it" to unsuspecting, uninformed, hopeful customers that can't gobble up a shit sandwich fast enough.

I bet you guys are happy you didn't bring the shot show flu home this year!

16Bore

WKR
Pretty much nailed it. Lately my pet peeve is caliber vs CARTRIDGE!!! (or chambering)

Like, what's the best caliber for ??....

Even manufacturers are accomodating this.....I just bite my thumb usually, as I know what they're TRYING to say.

So like what’s the best like long range gun?

jspradley

WKR
Who are you guys watching / listening too that you would consider knows there stuff?

Honestly, GarandThumb and InrangeTV are just about the only Youtube gun channels that I have found that are worth a shit. Garand's fanbase can be obnoxious as hell but he is legit.

I like how Inrange don't take themselves too seriously and dont make any pretenses of being anything but two dorks who know a lot about guns