Have you cancelled hunting plans due to fuel costs/inflation?

Have you/may you cancel plans for hunting season due to inflation?

• I have cancelled a hunting trip

Votes: 24 8.2%
  • I may cancel a hunting trip

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • My plans won’t change regardless

Votes: 233 80.1%

• Total voters

FLATHEAD

WKR
No Western trips for me this year. The fuel costs, combined with
inflation and the already ridiculous non resident bend over is just
enough already. I've scratched my Western itch, Just not worth it anymore.
I'll be sticking to my home state or bordering states for WT, Black Bear, Boar, waterfowl, etc...

Azone

WKR
Does your hunting revolve around life or does your life revolve around hunting?
Short of a Russian special military operation clogging up all the damn interstates my ass is heading east for some elk and mule deer hunting.

IH8Cali

Lil-Rokslider
Every year I have my standard deer/elk hunt, however I always look for a bonus hunt/fish trip. I really wanted to try Idaho bear this year, but i'll just try it some other time. I know all the Idaho folks will be heartened to hear of one less Utard plate at the trailhead, but maybe next year.

I still might try for Pyramid Lake this fall, but again with everything so inflated, a nearly $3k weekend to go fishing seems a bit much.

summs

Lil-Rokslider
So far I cancelled a fishing trip to Lake Champlain. Partly due to gas, but mostly I had a axle spindle snap and had it rewelded, but I don't trust it 100% for a 6 hour drive. Hunting will be sticking closer to home, but looking to do NY Catskills, possibly ADK's instead of Maine for deer tracking.

Good chance I hunt all instate this year.

bozeman

WKR
I'm sure there will be a moron or two who will short their family of a vac, take out a signature loan, rack up CC debt or forego kids new school clothes for their 'annual hunting trip'.......I am never surprised at the poor decision making/choices of individuals who want a bragging rights picture. For instance, had a friend quit a job over vac being cancelled due to a big increase in production....wasnt just him, but several who were called in to work. He just quit, went on a trip and then came back to find a job....lost it all for a trip, something he could have re-scheduled. Called it principle, I, however, have another term for it, stupid IMO. I am sure these high gas prices and inflation will bring about some VERY STUPID financial decisions..........

GMT

FNG
Won't be changing my plans. The relaxation, enjoyment and time in the woods is well worth the few hundred dollars to me. And no, I won't be shorting my family or kids of anything. Kids are grown and worked all my life to be able to do the things I want at this point.

Personally, I don't think the cost of fuel will affect people too much.

However, I think the rising cost of outfitters will keep the Public lands packed for the foreseeable future.