Have you ever been stopped in your tracks by the view ?

Opah

WKR
Early September morning, air is crisp and cold and the stars fill the sky. I am at the bottom of Gold mountain preparing for my accent, My plan is to work my way up the back side of the mountain and hopefully reach the top just before day break.

Traveling slower than wanted ( the pine needles and leaves are frozen and crackling with every step)

I turn my head lamp on with the red light and being very selective of my path, finally I see the top and approach even slower and more cautiously. At the top I peek over into the flats I am to hunt, the breeze is soft in my face, the stars provide just enough light I no longer need my head lamp. Working with the wind I find a nice Nature built rock blind and settle in.

The Sun crests the horizon, dew starts crackling as the temp drops, down in the flats rain bows start shooting from the bushes, one, two of them and then the flats explode in color. They criss- cross growing brighter almost blinding

The rainbows fade as the sun rises and in the distance I see the ocean and a dark splotch of land I believe to be Catalina Island, I regain my senses and begin to glass the flats something I should have been doing from before the rainbows. But the Bluer than blue sky's and cotton puff clouds over take me again, so I get moving a little. Seeing a higher advantage point I work my way through the rocks,

I find a Bronze Marker and an Old time screw top can. Inside the can are three note books, two take are filled up and one in progress. Written in the note books are the personal writings of people days weather, seeing Catalina going back years and years. I spent the next hour or so reading the stories out of the books, there was some useful info on Deer and Bear seen over the years.

It has been years now since I have been to the Top of Gold Mountain, but that morning is one of my awe inspired memories and a day Mother nature had not to worry about one hunter
wish I had pictures, But you must know I left my amazement written in one of those note books !

bozeman

WKR
Taft Point- Yosemite

On a hillside in central South Dakota while turkey hunting. Hiked up for a view of a valley and did I get a view. Stayed there for about 45 mins. My group was looking at me thru binos and wandered why I stayed so long........the view!

Jbehredt

WKR
Most recently, my wife was right behind me to capture it. Black Canyon of the Gunnison.
d76760956b25cd397d0ebba92ebde337.jpg

hobbes

WKR
Ummmmmm..... I've lived in CO and MT over the last 14 years.......Yeah, I've seen a few nice views. It doesn't always require a mountain top. The eastern third of Big Sky country can offer some incredible views also. Quite often whatever makes the view spectacular is fleeting and a photo rarely captures the moment.

The West doesn't have a monopoly on awesome views though. I've witnessed some incredible views in Southern IL, Alabama, Western KY, Arkansas, Missouri, Florida's Gulf coast, San Diego coast, Nebraska, etc.

Last edited:
Absolutely.... many times in Colorado especially around the Sangres and Fossil Ridge...... in Pennsylvania everytime I get into a massive Hemlock Patch..... and everytime my wife shakes that thing at me lol

One of the greatest gifts my mom gave me was teaching me "to see" and not just to " just look". God spreads his paint brush across the sky daily. Sundowns were her favorite. Natures beauty is majestic and I stop to soak it all in, all the time. Thanks Mom!

kickemall

WKR
Three days ago I was walking to a fishing spot along the edge of one of the mountain lakes that I fish in. As I rounded a point there were two of the most beautiful women lying there on the edge of the lake sun bathing nude. Definitely stopped me in my tracks.

I chased turkeys in the Pacific Northwest back in spring 2019 and I routinely was stopped in my tracks by views. Southeast Washington,Northeast Oregon, parts of Idaho, and northern Utah are quite the sight for this Mississippi boy! I shall return some day.

oL1lyNP.jpg

46eGnMD.jpg

nQWLrun.jpg

nJ3cl6n.jpg

aBkNUjR.jpg

OtQWSdQ.jpg

Lb6TdqI.jpg

LNv1SGP.jpg

D93YWVK.jpg

2f1TANH.jpg

b6c4OGA.jpg

h6VB3XB.jpg

N2TRKYS

WKR
I’ve never been stopped in my tracks from the views of the countryside. However, I’ve seen several ‘ol gals that have.