Hawaii axis deer info

Maki35

WKR
I've visited a few of the islands in Hawaii in the past (I was recently back there in 2019). Imo, now is not the time to book a trip to Hawaii. Hawaii has been real cautious about arriving tourist due to CV19. it's a 14 day quarantine period. That may change in Oct, but with the flu season around the corner I'm skeptic.
(Many have gone there over the last few months only to be quarantined to a hotel room for 14 days.)

Last edited:
OP
R

Raj patel

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks Mak, I am pushing the trip Back several months for several reasons. As always I do appreciate the advice

Bumping this because we just booked a trip to Maui at the end of March/first week in April. I’ve been looking on the state websites but it’s hard to tell exactly what COVID restrictions there are on hunting (if any). I’m not bringing a weapon so if I hunt it will have to be guided with a borrowed firearm. Looking more for an experience than a trophy hunt considering the time of year. Any suggestions?

def90

WKR
Bumping this because we just booked a trip to Maui at the end of March/first week in April. I’ve been looking on the state websites but it’s hard to tell exactly what COVID restrictions there are on hunting (if any). I’m not bringing a weapon so if I hunt it will have to be guided with a borrowed firearm. Looking more for an experience than a trophy hunt considering the time of year. Any suggestions?
You either have to quarantine for 10 days or have a state approved negative test to enter Hawaii right now..

OP
R

Raj patel

Lil-Rokslider
We pushed out Hawaii axis off and opted for Texas until things settle down. Feb 13 we will be chasing auodad with archery. Still made a vacation out of it with the wife(she of course preferred Hawaii) but will spend some time in Austin and San Antonio instead of on a Hawaiian beach.

You either have to quarantine for 10 days or have a state approved negative test to enter Hawaii right now..

Yes, the plan is to test 72 hrs before the flight and cross fingers it's negative. Purchased travel insurance just in case...

KHNC

WKR
Gov Ige is a nazi! i had to cancel my hunt/vacation to maui last july because of his ridiculous quarantine bs. Im debating losing my deposit and never going back to visit hawaii again.

pattimusprime22

Lil-Rokslider
Pretty sure they canceled the 2021 state hunt on Lanai due to covid. If you're willing to do the quarantine (who has that much time), then you could do private land outfitter still.

Antares

WKR
Gov Ige is a nazi! i had to cancel my hunt/vacation to maui last july because of his ridiculous quarantine bs. Im debating losing my deposit and never going back to visit hawaii again.
Grow up, nobody cares if you ever visit Hawaii again.

I was disappointed too when the 2020 Lanai mouflon hunt was canceled, but now I’m just even more excited to do it in the future. Probably going to be some really good rams running around when it does open.

KHNC

WKR
Grow up, nobody cares if you ever visit Hawaii again.

I was disappointed too when the 2020 Lanai mouflon hunt was canceled, but now I’m just even more excited to do it in the future. Probably going to be some really good rams running around when it does open.
Ha! Ige is a pathetic human and governor. I really dont care if i ever visit again either. I will gladly use my money where its appreciated!

USMC307

Lil-Rokslider

The wife just book us heading to Maui over Easter. the deal when we got married was “I will travel with her but I get to kill something”. Haha. I’m the same way as I’m looking for an experience. Last time I was there I did a knife hog hunt that was awesome but unsuccessful in the harvest department. Have you come up a hunt yet? My plan
would be to hunt early in the trip because we are staying with friends so I can cook what I harvest while we are there. Being the friends are non hunters I would like mild meat so I’m not sure about goat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gobbler36

WKR
Awesome @adam634 ! Going to be able to sneak in any hunting?
Oh yeah booked on Molokai axis deer 3 day hunt, also gonna do some spear fishing with the wife, had to do guided for deer though with public still shutdown, which is the first foray into a guided hunt so anxious to see how it shakes out. hopefully does have the same feel as some of the guided fishing trips I’ve been on

mrv5399

FNG
Keep us posted on your trip. My buddy and I are going to Molokai for Axis in July. Planned the trip for last year and we weren't able to go.

I hunted the big island for Spanish goats years ago with Hawaiian Safaris on my honeymoon. Had a successful hunt and it was amazing hunting that landscape. I would recommend them and plan on taking my son next year.
Never thought about hunting goats out there. Thanks for the advice