Hawk Endurance spotting scope?

Yuhboyrob

FNG
Anyone have any experience with the hawk endurance 15-45x60 spotting scope? My sister gave me access to her retail site and I have 50% vortex, Athlon and Hawke and I’m looking to get myself a spotting scope for backpack hunting and a decent set of 12x50 Binos. I was about to order the Ares but saw that Endurance was much smaller and only 29oz. Think it’s worth it to spend a little more and pack the extra weight with the ares? Thanks in advance for any info

OP
Y

Yuhboyrob

FNG
@Yuhboyrob - did you end up buying this sscope? I am considering the same one. How's it working for you?
It’s fine, if I could go back I’d probably get the Ares. The eye piece is Pretty hard to center on your eye, you have to be in the perfect spot or it’s black and you can’t move at all. If you have any eye relief at all it you can barely see, it makes it all black. Idk the term for it but it’s pretty annoying

MTHokie

FNG
@gr8fuldoug Do you know if the Ares scope has a similar eye relief as the Hawke model in this category? Would it be any better or worse? Thanks for your info, guys!