Hawk mountain air Anchorage

Has anyone here hunted with Hawk mountain air out of Anchorage for moose? I just spoke with him, seems like a good guy, small operation. Just trying to get some more feedback. Also spoke with Jim at Golden eagle. Thanks for any help

Scottf270

WKR
I met Cole when I hunted the Peninsula in the fall of 2019. He was a good guy and I think he is a very good pilot. He can sure handle a super cub.
I have not hunted one of his drop hunts, but I think he will be honest in what he tells you. Hope this helps.

Interesting. Didn't he used to operate out of McGrath? I may have to chat with him again now that he's on the road system. I got good vibes from him when I talked to him several years ago.

Scottf270

WKR
I do not know where Cole runs his moose hunts. He may live in or near Anchorage but may hunt elsewhere.
He was flying outta King Salmon during the 19 fall bear season.
Best to just call him and nail down the details. I believe he'll be honest about what he offers.

mobilefamily

Lil-Rokslider
I have done two drop hunts with him and will almost certainly be riding with him again in '22. First class guy. Great pilot. Straight shooter, very straight. He won't let you put words in his mouth or talk him into something so be straight with him in your expectations and take him at his word.

For clarification since you posted on a moose thread: 2017 was a caribou hunt and we were 2 for 2. 2020 was planned for 1 moose and 1 black bear. We ran across a big caribou and killed him (prevented a moose hunt) plus a black bear.

OP
I
Cool, yes, Cole seemed very straightforward on the phone. I like the small business he runs. Did u guys see decent numbers of moose? Did u do a ridge style hunt? Thanks

OP
I
Cool, yes, Cole seemed very straightforward on the phone. I like the small business he runs. Did u guys see decent numbers of moose? Did u do a ridge style hunt? Thanks

bushman

FNG
I checked into him a couple years ago for a group hunt. Group decided they wanted caribou instead. I wish now we would have went with him. The group went to Bettles and I backed out, I really wanted to do moose instead. I'm pretty sure he did 16 b. I really liked our conversations over the phone and see he has increased his prices a bit since we talked last.

carter33

WKR
He took me out solo for a moose a few years ago. Great guy, I was thouroghly happy and would recommend him sure.

Did you get a moose?

I am flying with him this fall for moose. I have heard really positive feedback from friends of friends. He seems really laid back and easy to work with also.