Hawke Endurance ED 15-45x60 Spotting Scope Review, By Joe Soto

Thanks Joe, great write-up. So after using it a bit, do you still feel that this size of scope still has a place in your backpack for the hunting you do?
I think the size and weight are very acceptable for a scope you don’t mind having in your pack. I consider this a budget scope. This is one that does what I needed at a low price point. If you spent more you could get smaller with good optics.

broens

FNG
so, I finally got mine (15-45x60) and did use it shortly last weekend. build is good. as others have stated, the image darkens noticeably from 35x mag.

I also compared it to a swaro atm 65. the fov is bigger on the swaro for sure. when looking through the hawke at 15x, the image is also quite small. I think this scope would be rad with a 33x fixed mag and a bigger fov.

but it is also very light (even compared to the atm, which was swaros lightest scope by quite a margin).

for a hunting greenhorn like me, it seems like a great addition to your binos, that you can still carry along all the time.

bought it with a SLIK lite 420s tripod, which weighs a mere 1.7 pounds.

so, I finally got mine (15-45x60) and did use it shortly last weekend. build is good. as others have stated, the image darkens noticeably from 35x mag.

I also compared it to a swaro atm 65. the fov is bigger on the swaro for sure. when looking through the hawke at 15x, the image is also quite small. I think this scope would be rad with a 33x fixed mag and a bigger fov.

but it is also very light (even compared to the atm, which was swaros lightest scope by quite a margin).

for a hunting greenhorn like me, it seems like a great addition to your binos, that you can still carry along all the time.

bought it with a SLIK lite 420s tripod, which weighs a mere 1.7 pounds.
It is a great lighter weight option. I just ordered a Kowa 773 and thought about selling my Hawke but its just a good budget scope that you dont mind in the pack so I think I will keep it. It will obviously not compete with the Kowa or an ATM like you said but it isnt supposed to.

broens

FNG
I think the size and weight are very acceptable for a scope you don’t mind having in your pack. I consider this a budget scope. This is one that does what I needed at a low price point. If you spent more you could get smaller with good optics.
I did look around quite a bit for a smaller scope but have yet to find one with a 60mm lens. which ones did you have in mind?

The 55 series Kowa would be the best option optically. While smaller it would be superior. Opticron would also be worth a look I think.

Bump79

WKR
I recently picked up this scope on DVOR for over 50% off. At this price point I'm ecstatic by this scope. I'd really like to get owners of this product to talk to Aziak Equipment to make a mount similar to this one linked below:

This would like to get this to allow for it to pivot around the scope. I also don't care the the case - I'll probably make a neoprene version.