Hawkins Precision Guide to Precision Rifle Bottom Metal

HawkinsPrecision

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Ever had a question on bottom metal? What extended box magazine works best with my caliber? Which magazine should I get for my 338 Lapua build? What if I want to run magazines on a hunting rifle?

To help answer those questions, we've published a guide on purchasing bottom metal. Visit the link below for full descriptions on our entire line including which extended magazine boxes and detachable magazines you should purchase with them.

Let us know if you have any questions.

OP
HawkinsPrecision

HawkinsPrecision

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Do you have an estimate as to when the long action Hunter DM will be available?
We don't have a timeline yet with the current demand. We just received a Long Action Impact to start development on the product. Best bet is to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, etc. and we'll post them when ready. We'll also post it here. Should be great!

wapitibob

WKR
Is a stock mfg's "Hawkins precision BDL floorplate" inlet the correct spec for your M5 Oberndorf bottom metal (300 PRC)

OP
HawkinsPrecision

HawkinsPrecision

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Is a stock mfg's "Hawkins precision BDL floorplate" inlet the correct spec for your M5 Oberndorf bottom metal (300 PRC)

Unfortunately no, a BDL inlet is pretty close to our Oberndorf and can work with some fitting. The M5 Oberndorf is an M5 inlet, so you'd need a stock with an M5 inlet.

That is the way to go for a 300 PRC though, because the M5 Oberndorf is set up for Wyatt extended boxes, so you'll get the added COAL.